Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need some setup advice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Walsh

John Walsh

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 11:05 AM

I currently have three receivers with an SW64 switch and the Dish 500 pointed at 110 & 119 and an 18" Dish pointed at 61.5.

I just bought a new house yesterday and will be closing on it the first week of June so I have to figure out what to do at my new house. First of all there will be no problem seeing the satellites from my new location. What I am concerned with is that I plan on buying a 721 and a 921 (if they ever come out- I think I read in a thread that Dish Depot reports the 721's are due in a couple of weeks). From what I understand they will be using the Dishpro system for these receivers. I am not really sure what the Dishpro is but I was thinking that it has to do with the equipment that I need to replace. (any clarification is appreciated)

If I do need it for those receivers does anyone know if it will be on the market soon so that I don't have to buy two sets of equipment?

:shrug:
John Walsh
E*/508/2X 522/921 (on my 4th 921)
XM Delphi Sky Fi
My DVD Collection
Boot Version: 120B
Flash Version: F051
SW Version: L215

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 12:17 PM

I haven't heard... but your SW64 will still work. Try calling Dish for their Dishmover service if you don't want to rip down your old dishes...
Neil Derryberry, WD4NET
neil dot derryberry at gmail dot com

#3 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 12:35 PM

I dont think that the Dishpro line of LNB's and switches is a good buy.

1) They dont work with Legacy receivers such as the 6000 and the 4900, you will need a special adapter to use these recievers with the Dishpro line

2) If the merger is approved the Dishpro line will be useless, as then you will want to see 101, 110 119 and 61.5 or 148 the Dishpro line only allows for 3 satellite inputs.

Save the money and the headache take your SW64 with you.

spam firewall