Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Need some setup advice
Posted 29 April 2002 - 11:05 AM
I just bought a new house yesterday and will be closing on it the first week of June so I have to figure out what to do at my new house. First of all there will be no problem seeing the satellites from my new location. What I am concerned with is that I plan on buying a 721 and a 921 (if they ever come out- I think I read in a thread that Dish Depot reports the 721's are due in a couple of weeks). From what I understand they will be using the Dishpro system for these receivers. I am not really sure what the Dishpro is but I was thinking that it has to do with the equipment that I need to replace. (any clarification is appreciated)
If I do need it for those receivers does anyone know if it will be on the market soon so that I don't have to buy two sets of equipment?
E*/508/2X 522/921 (on my 4th 921)
XM Delphi Sky Fi
My DVD Collection
Boot Version: 120B
Flash Version: F051
SW Version: L215
Posted 29 April 2002 - 12:17 PM
neil dot derryberry at gmail dot com
Posted 29 April 2002 - 12:35 PM
1) They dont work with Legacy receivers such as the 6000 and the 4900, you will need a special adapter to use these recievers with the Dishpro line
2) If the merger is approved the Dishpro line will be useless, as then you will want to see 101, 110 119 and 61.5 or 148 the Dishpro line only allows for 3 satellite inputs.
Save the money and the headache take your SW64 with you.