Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44-500 dropping last portion of recorded program

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   docj

docj

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

I have an HR44-500 running x808 and every couple of days it seems to cut recordings short by 10 minutes or more.  I'm talking about shows that are recorded on a regular basis (like 5 days a week) and every once in a while watching the playback we'll get the message "Do you want to delete this program?" because we're at the end of the recording even though it isn't the end of the show.  Has anyone else experienced this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:33 PM

Which shows? Are they on FX?

#3 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

I have an HR44-500 running x808 and every couple of days it seems to cut recordings short by 10 minutes or more.  I'm talking about shows that are recorded on a regular basis (like 5 days a week) and every once in a while watching the playback we'll get the message "Do you want to delete this program?" because we're at the end of the recording even though it isn't the end of the show.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Is the HR44 recording the right amount of time?  You can tell by looking at the "progress bar".  

Are you getting the prompt about deleting at the end of the allotted time, at the end of the "progress bar" or before the end?

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#4 OFFLINE   docj

docj

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

Is the HR44 recording the right amount of time?  You can tell by looking at the "progress bar".  

Are you getting the prompt about deleting at the end of the allotted time, at the end of the "progress bar" or before the end?

No, the problem occurred two days ago with Stephen Colbert on Comedy Channel and the show cut off after ~18 minutes.  It wasn't anywhere near the end of the allotted time, but I tried everything i could think of.  I stopped the playback then hit resume with the same result.  There simply wasn't any show recorded past that point.  It was the message you get if you run a recorded program to the very last moment of the recording.

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,662 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

most of the time this is due to a poorly aligned dish.  how is your signal readings?  you might want to post pictures of the signal meter screens

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 826 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

No, the problem occurred two days ago with Stephen Colbert on Comedy Channel and the show cut off after ~18 minutes.  It wasn't anywhere near the end of the allotted time, but I tried everything i could think of.  I stopped the playback then hit resume with the same result.  There simply wasn't any show recorded past that point.  It was the message you get if you run a recorded program to the very last moment of the recording.

I've had this happen for about 2 years, though very rarely (maybe once every other month). Several times when hitting play at the beginning, it takes about 1 second and goes to delete yes/no without ever showing video/audio of the program. I have yet to be able to understand why. Has happened on HR2x and HR3x unit as well, so its a bigger bug...not just on your HR4x, which has been around for a while.

#7 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,856 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:35 AM

I had the problem happen on my HR44-700 yesterday. The program ran 1:15 or so, and it stopped playing with "do  you want to delete" with more than 10 minutes left on the progress bar. Lost a very important part of the episode...literally, a question was asked ...the answer was just about to be given and the "do you want to delete" message popped up. Tried everything to get to that last 10 minutes to no avail.

Definitely either a Guide Bug  or a Box Bug.  I think it was on FX, just can't recall. Just checked, it was on Fargo from a week or two ago, just played it. Have two more to go to catch up, will see if they do the same thing. They show the full recording time on the timeline, but stop short and ask "do you want to delete".

Edited by hasan, 14 May 2014 - 05:12 PM.

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

Protected By... spam firewall...And...