Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TV Networks Clean House, Cancel Several Shows in Advance of Fall Presentations

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,854 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:06 AM

TV Networks Clean House, Cancel Several Shows in Advance of Fall Presentations

community_nbc.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

The axe has fallen, or will fall on the following shows:

Fox: Rake, Dads, Enlisted, Surviving Jack, Almost Human, The X Factor, Raising Hope

NBC: Community, Revolution, Believe, Crisis, Growing Up Fisher, Ironside, Welcome to the Family, The Michael J. Fox Show, Sean Saves the World 

ABC: Trophy Wife, Super Fun Night, Mixology, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland, Suburgatory, The Neighbors 

The CW: The Carrie Diaries, The Tomorrow People, Star-Crossed

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

Weird that The 100 on CW made it, but The Tomorrow People didn't.  Daughter and I watched Tomorrow People, Star Crossed and The 100.  We liked Tomorrow People the best.

I liked Almost Human on Fox.  That's the only one I watched that was cancelled.

I liked Crisis on NBC.

Did Resurrection make it?  And The Mentalist?

Are CBS shows posted yet?

Thanks for this!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   txfeinbergs

txfeinbergs

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

Weird that The 100 on CW made it, but The Tomorrow People didn't.  Daughter and I watched Tomorrow People, Star Crossed and The 100.  We liked Tomorrow People the best.

I liked Human Target on Fox.  That's the only one I watched that was cancelled.

I liked Crisis on NBC.

Thanks for this!

At least for The Tomorrow People, just pretend you didn't watch the last 10 minutes which were stupid anyway and then the show had a nice (happy) ending with pretty much all plot points resolved. 

Edited by txfeinbergs, 10 May 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

At least for The Tomorrow People, just pretend you didn't watch the last 10 minutes which were stupid anyway and then the show had a nice (happy) ending with pretty much all plot points resolved. 

Very true!  They just need to come up with some good shows for me to watch with a 9 year old.  Now all we have left are Marvel, The Middle and The 100, which I don't like and if it gets more violent, I will be banning from her viewing anyway.  As it is, I have to have her close her eyes quite a bit in that show!

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,177 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

I liked Almost Human on Fox.  That's the only one I watched that was cancelled.

I liked Crisis on NBC.

Thanks for this!

yes for both the mentalist and resurection!

#6 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 10 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

Thanks Iceturkee!!

My Setup

#7 OFFLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 935 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

10 shows we watched, are cancelled already. That's an unusually high number for our shows.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using DBSTalk mobile app

#8 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:14 PM

sad that the tomorrow people didnt make it.  i didnt like it in the beginning but the more i watched i got hooked.   im trying to give the 100 a chance.  ive watched all the shows so far but its lacking something.   im glad  the cw kept arrow, which is my fav show so far.   im also glad agents of shield got another season.  shield got better as the season progressed.    i am looking forward to gotham and the flash this fall.     im still sad smallville ended, but i got reruns on tnt :hurah:

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#9 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:44 PM

While I expected CBS to not pick up "Intelligence", "Hostages" and "Crazy Ones", I guess I have to stop recording "Bad Teacher" and "Friends with Better Lives". But I'm glad they picked up "The Mentalist" though I already figured they were just negotiating with Warner Bros.

As far as comedies go "Surviving Jack" on Fox was good. And though only five other people watched it "The Neighbors" on ABC was clever and funny. I'm assuming that except for Chuck Lorre shows, finding a funny new sitcom that will last more than a season will be a thing of the past.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#10 OFFLINE   david_jr

david_jr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Very glad to see The Mentalist picked up.  And I was one of the 5 others watching The Neighbors.

#11 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

We liked Rake and Almost Human. Oh well.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#12 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Like a few others here, Almost Human is the only show from this list that I watched. I thought the show was weak in a lot of ways, plots, Sci Fi aspects (or lack thereof), etc, but I liked the lead actors a lot and thought it all added up to some good, lighthearted fun. Too bad...

#13 OFFLINE   tommiet

tommiet

Godfather

• Registered
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

SYFI should pick up Almost Human... and dump the ghost and paint your face junk. 

**** HARDWARE *****
2 Dish Hoppers (Gave up trying to get a Joey to work)
VIZIO 55” and 48" TruLED LCD 3D HDTV with VIZIO
JVC HDI RX-D402B Receiver
2 SLINGBOX PRO'S

#14 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

Very glad to see The Mentalist picked up.  And I was one of the 5 others watching The Neighbors.

Me too. Long live Patrick Jane.

As for The Neighbors, me three (I wonder who the other two are?). A sitcom like that is a great plaform for social satire. Don't tell the B... also fit into that category. That is also why I am sad about losing Suburgatory, not to mention that Jane Levy might be absolutely the cutest person on earth. With that adorable overbite and her flame-red hair sticking out every which way, it just makes you want to hug her.

What is comforting about the death of great shows, is that in TV, there is reincarnation, and I'm not talking about Resurrection, although a lot of fine actors we are all fond of were reincarnated into that one. Great actors, or actors you like, or writers, directors, etc., always seem to surface in something else creative eventually.

24 went away, but we got Homeland from the same bunch. Chris Meloni is no longer Elliot on SUV, but soon after was hitting it out of the park on Surviving Jack. James Duff's The D.A. was stillborn at 4 eps, but he brushed the dust off and gave us 100 eps, give or take, of The Closer and Major Crimes. James Spader was brilliant in Boston Legal, but that ended, and now he is even more brilliant on The Blacklist. The cream seems to keep rising to the top.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#15 ONLINE   heathramos

heathramos

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

well...that explains the weird ending to Tomorrow People. I thought it might have meant it was canceled.

I liked Almost Human as well. It was just kind of a stupid, fun show if that makes sense.

I was never a fan of Believe. Just didn't like the characters at all. 

3 HR20's
1 Channel Master 4228 antenna in attic
1 Samsung 55" LCD (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Samsung 46" LCD (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Panasonic 42" Plasma (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Popcorn Hour A-400
1 Popcorn Hour C-200

#16 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:28 PM

If you count "One Upon yet Another Copy of Wonderland" :) I have seven series records to remove. I had given up on the Wonderland (It worked so well for the other fairy tales copycat) and let it accumulate on disk but eventually deleted the content but not the link. I've yet to watch the Once Upon A Time series itself yet this year and it is copied across 2 DVRs. It was interesting but more a miniseries sort of thing than a full blown series. It has gone from a nice twist on childhood nostalgia into a soap operatic nightmare from my view it could go and I would not miss it.

Axing Almost Human, and surprisingly Rake gall me the most though I confess the Tomorrow People was great entertainment as background while I was in the workout room. Though I still have dutifully watched Revolution it lost its appeal to me after the character played by David Meunier was killed off (he's my wife's cousin and arely lasts more than a single episode in any series he's been in (Justified not counted there)).

I look at the bright side this is 5.25 hours a week I'm getting back for better pursuits anyhow (computing 45 minutes per show using FF to fix the commercial issues) ;)

Don "last night's Person of Interest sure felt like a series finale to me yet supposedly it was renewed just a short time ago" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...