Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rosemary's Baby NBC starting late tonight East Coast (or maybe it started on time after all)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

Golf ran LONG tonight.  Dateline that was supposed to begin at 7:00pm EDT didn't start until a little after 8:15pm EDT!  I can't tell if Dateline was joined in progress OR if it is delayed the whole 1.25 hours OR if perhaps they skipped the first hour block and it is only 15 minutes late.

In any case, there's a good chance that Rosemary's Baby will start end end late.

Check your times and extend them if you can!

-- I like to go fast (not really)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

Thanks

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

Strangely... I checked in on my recording about 5 minutes after 9pm EDT and it looked like Rosemary's Baby might have started on time after all.

Which must mean that Dateline was joined in progress.  I was actually watching the golf that ran late... and I do not remember them ever saying that programming was "joined in progress"... but that must have been what happened.

I was kinda wondering... This seems like a big show for NBC with it being a mini-series and the next part airs on Thursday I believe... so having it delayed tonight might have screwed up their ratings big time.

I'll check it out later when I watch it... but it appears as though maybe it started on schedule and NBC screwed over the Dateline fans instead.

#4 OFFLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 923 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:13 PM

I didn't plan to watch it, but when I finished GoT, the tuner was on NBC. Watched for a bit, then decided to record it, if the buffer went back to the beginning, and it did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using DBSTalk mobile app

#5 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

How does golf run long?  lol

• Rich likes this
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Golf can run long if there was a playoff (which there was not)...  but in yesterday's case it was a weather delay.  They had to stop play for a while and then start up after the weather cleared.

#7 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,841 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

Normally I would record, but I don't see how making it longer would make it better.  

Edited by Drucifer, 12 May 2014 - 05:29 PM.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#8 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,413 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

Normally I would record, but I don't see how making it longer would make it better.  

We watched about half of the first episode and...hell, I'll watch anything with Zoe Saldana in it.  Seriously, what we watched was very good.  Looking forward to watching the rest of it.

Rich

#9 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,413 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

You missed a very good show.  Yeah, we knew what was gonna happen and it was faithful to the book and previous movie, but it was just good.  Because of that show, I did some research and found a sequel was written to Rosemary's Baby called Son of Rosemary.  Short book, very good read and the ending is really surprising.  Also got a copy of The Stepford Wives, hadn't realized that I never read it.  Another very short book but well worth reading.  Ira Levin was a damn good author.

Rich

spam firewall