Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NBC Fall 2014 Schedule

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

NBC FALL 2014-2015 SCHEDULE

(New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY

8-10 p.m. — “The Voice”

10-11 p.m. — “The Blacklist” / “STATE OF AFFAIRS” (beginning Nov. 17)

TUESDAY

8-9 p.m. — “The Voice”

9-9:30 p.m. — “MARRY ME”

9:30-10 p.m. — “About a Boy”

10-11 p.m. — “Chicago Fire”

WEDNESDAY

8-9 p.m. — “THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA”

9-10 p.m. — “Law & Order: SVU”

10-11 p.m. — “Chicago P.D.”

THURSDAY

8-9 p.m. — “The Biggest Loser”

9-9:30 p.m. — “BAD JUDGE” (“The Blacklist” beginning Feb. 5)

9:30-10 p.m. — “A TO Z”

10-11 p.m. — “Parenthood”/”Allegiance”

FRIDAY

8-9 p.m. — “Dateline NBC”

9-10 p.m. — “Grimm”

10-11 p.m. — “CONSTANTINE”

SATURDAY

8-11 p.m. — Encore programming

SUNDAY

7-8:20 p.m. — “Football Night in America”

8:20-11:30 p.m. — “NBC Sunday Night Football”

You can read more about the shows at Deadline Hollywood or The Hollywood Reporter or....

Edited by phrelin, 12 May 2014 - 09:16 AM.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

I just realized they picked up another season of "Parenthood." I think the writers of this show have written three series finale episodes. It's a good show, but....

A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,599 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

It stinks that they're moving The Black List.  It is one of two NBC shows I watch but Thursday's getting stacked.  I guess they figured it would do better without the complication of Castle being on another channel at the same time.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

A genie or a hopper will have no issues.

#5 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Looks like Blacklist is going to take a 2 month break which is never good for shows.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#6 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

Depends on if they split it up as if it's two seasons which I think they will. That's something that works well on cable. Better than having new episodes every other week.

#7 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

No "Crossing lines" this summer?

aka Tivoburkee

#8 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,151 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

No "Crossing lines" this summer?

I was hoping that would show up also, really liked the first season, however I realized at the time that its very Eurocentric perspective was probably going to be a turn off for a lot of viewers on this side of the Pond and ratings (or lack therof) pretty much bared that out. It surprised me to see that there was a second season being shot but I also saw that last I checked it was only being shown on French television.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#9 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

Season 2 of "Crossing Lines" most likely will be "shopped" to U.S. carriers. Netflix picked up an exclusive for streaming season 1 in the U.S. and Amazon UK has the exclusive streaming rights in Britain. My guess is we'll have to stream it unless FX or TNT picks up the second season for airing.

My AV Setup

#10 OFFLINE   cdc101

cdc101

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

We actually really like 'About a Boy' and the wife and I are happy to see it get picked up for a second season.

#11 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

Looks like Blacklist is going to take a 2 month break which is never good for shows.

I don't think that is the case anymore. In 2007, maybe. But things have changed. HBO started it with The Sopranos and then sort of built that into every show. USA followed suit, the rest of cable followed suit, Showtime followed suit, and now the bigs are doing it to. Even 24 is only doing 12 eps this arc. Revenge, Scandal, and a number of other high-rated shows on the big nets have had long hiati over the last couple of seasons, and still were a lock for pickup the next season.

And it makes perfect sense. I don't have 22 hours available every year for most series, for one thing. Even 22 eps of The Blacklist, the best network show of this season, gets a little tiring around ep 17. It has been proven that quality suffers when 22 eps are asked for in a year. Writers and actors get spread too thin. I like pizza too, but when my college roommate who worked in a pizza joint invited us in every day for free pizza while the boss was out to lunch, I'll bet I didn't want pizza for a couple of years after that.

If I am Les Moonves and you as a producer tell me "No, I want to do 22 for you, and not 13", my comeback is "Do 13, and with the rest of your time do another 13 of another quality show with other quality actors written by other quality writers, and sell that to me too."

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#12 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

I think it's more about splitting it up and when it's on having it run continuos for a couple months strait. Not a repeated every other week. I hate that.

spam firewall