Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie: Picture Freezes While Audio Keeps Playing (Both Live & Recording)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 488 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

My freezing issues with my 34 seemed to be fixed with the two software releases prior to 870. But after that was released I started seeing it on ( AGAIN )

NBC shows. So I gave up and called in for my third time requesting a visit and replacement. Soon as the guy got here I went out to the truck to meet him, told him about the freezing issue, and he just reached back and grabbed a 44 and replaced mine. I do believe that the 870 release that was to deal with the auto delete issue (re)introduced some other issues. The 34s seem to be affected more severely but I think the 44s are getting hit as well. If you can wait out one more software update ( there have been a lot this year ) see if your issues pop back up. If you can't wait and the issue becomes bothersome again, call and request a visit. My impression from this installer and several others I've spoken to in the last month or so ( a lot of new neighbors ) is that the 34s are pretty much being gotten rid of and they only have 44s on their trucks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   BigFoot48

BigFoot48

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

My freezing problem with the same two Fox programs returned today after the software update last night.  As it has been over a month since the last time I thought it was gone.  Alas....  So, once more and I'm getting a 44.

DTV since 1998. HR-34 since Feb 2012.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...