Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Comcast and TWC voted most-hated ISPs in America's most-hated industry

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,854 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

Comcast and TWC voted most-hated ISPs in America's most-hated industry

The two business, which are currently trying to merge with each other, were found to be the worst ISPs in the most-hated industry that the index covers. Time Warner has the dubious achievement of making an all-time low score of 56 out of 100, with Comcast coming in just ahead of it with 57. On the other end of the scale, the 12,248 participants reluctantly gave their blessing to Verizon's FiOS, with a score of 71, and AT&T's U-Verse, which scored 65....

comcast_twc_service.jpg
Engadget

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   wje

wje

Godfather

• Registered
  • 424 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:01 PM

Well, this one didn't seem to generate much controversy. Very uncharacteristically, I have to defend CCast. We switched to them for phone and internet, and not only was the install exceptionally professional, the service has been flawless. As a plus, our 50 mb/s service just got increased for free. I just measured 115 mb/s. Amazing. OTOH, I didn't drop Dish as our TV provider. :) Our previous provider, Fairpoint, was truly horrible. Verizon conned the PUC into letting Fairpoint take over the part of New England I'm in. It was a total disaster. I spent almost a year trying to get their billing unscrewed, finally just dumped them, like many others. Compared to Fairpoint, I imagine TWC would seem like a paragon of service.

Edited by wje, 21 May 2014 - 01:02 PM.

My avatar says it all.

#3 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 735 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Consumerist readers also rated Comcast as the "Worst Company" in 2010 and 2014:  http://consumerist.c...any-in-america/.  Also, TWC made it into the final four this year.

Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#4 OFFLINE   Eva

Eva

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

Well, this one didn't seem to generate much controversy. Very uncharacteristically, I have to defend CCast. We switched to them for phone and internet, and not only was the install exceptionally professional, the service has been flawless. As a plus, our 50 mb/s service just got increased for free.

I think it depends on your area or the employees you get.  I was at a cable office disputing a charge until a supervisor came out and found the issue.

Eva

Sometimes my train of thought leaves the station without me...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...