Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

NFLST Deals/Offers for 2014

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#281 OFFLINE   Insomniac2k

Insomniac2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

I had NFLST MAX auto renew and made my first payment. 

I called and used the contract expiration question. My first (and only) call.

Explained I was looking to cut costs and wanted to drop NFLST. Discussed my out of market fandom and the CSR said they would check to see what they can do in terms of deals. Had to first remove the package, offered me NFLST free and Max for $18/mo. I asked if I can get Max for free, gave me a $90 credit. They asked if I wanted a free premium, and I told them I honestly just want my bill lower. I already have credits, so I did get an additional $5 for 24 months. Had to extend my contract 1 year (it was expiring the first week of September).

I'm happy, but still feel like the costs are too high. This isn't really a DIRECTV problem though, it's everyone. Wish I could do a la carte, but that's a whole other thing. :) I'm just happy to get the content I want at a lower cost. I definitely see the free NFLST as a bill reduction of $25/month.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#282 OFFLINE   Bstacey

Bstacey

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Just called. Said "check contract expiration". I didn't have ST auto renew. I have 4 months left on my initial contract. She offered me ST max for $163.96 and $20/month credits for 12 months. So they are paying me $76.04 for ST max, as long as I stay with them for the full 12 months. No contract extension.

#283 OFFLINE   patchs

patchs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

Sub since 1999. Out of contract. Long story short, after 30 minute phone call, for a 1-year commitment, free base NFLST, Max for $18 a month for 5 months; after $15 monthly discounts, NFLST Max for $15 for the season. I think a $100 Visa card was mentioned but it wasn't mentioned on the confirmation call with the 2nd rep I talked to.

I'm just thrilled to have Max for $15.

Thanks to all here that posted their stories.

#284 OFFLINE   rynorama

rynorama

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Called today when I saw my current bill due having the first of 6 payments of $54.99. At the prompt I said check contract end date. 

When Aileen answered I asked her what my contract date was since I just went to pay my bill and saw it was over $200. She told me it is Dec 2014. (last year I sent a box back, got a bunch of discounts and extended a year) When i called last year I know the person in retentions told me when football season come I should ask for someone in retentions. Maybe I should have simply said that today. 

I told Aileen my wife wanted me to cancel the Sunday ticket Max, Aileen said ok. cancelled it, said is there anything else today? Wow, quickly removed it and didn't say a word. Looks like I'm calling back in a couple days to ask for football to be put back on and I'll see where that gets me.This was the first year that DirecTV didn't offer any sort of deal for me. Next time I'm simply asking for retention

HR34-700 on a 73" Mitsubishi 1080P
HR22-100 on a 23" Acer Monitor (3 input w/Dual monitor and Home server on KVM )
R22-100 on a 42" Vizio 1080P
R22 on a 32" Sylvania 1080i
R22 on a 32" Sanyo 1080i
H24 on a 26" Westinghouse 1080i
Plus 3 D12's on other TVs

#285 OFFLINE   patchs

patchs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

I have auto bill pay with a credit card which is charged on the 25th of the month.

I just checked my account and it says there's the charge for $18 and asks how I want to pay.

Should I ignore this since I would think it would be paid for on the 25th when my regular bill is automatically paid for?

I don't want to mess anything up.

#286 OFFLINE   SteveHas

SteveHas

Hall of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

Has anyone gotten NFLST Max for free this year?

D* Customer Since 1999

• Dish
  • Slimline-3 SWiM 16, 
    Familyroom
  • DirecTV HR44-700  
  • Panasonic 55" TC-P55GT50 plasma HDMI/ DECA, CAT6, OTA
  • Nintendo Wii,
  • Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-Ray, CAT6
  • Pioneer VSX-1120 7.1 CAT6,
  • Cambridge Sound Works Ensemble 1 - front, S300 - surround back, Center Stage - center, Polk RM7 - surround side, and Bass Cube 8
    Master Bedroom
  • DirecTV HR24-500 
  • Vizio 37" SV370XVT LCD HDMI/DECA, CAT6 - can I just take a moment to say how awesome this TV is
  • Sony BDP-BX3B Blu-Ray, CAT6
    Basement
  • Samsung 52" LNT5271 FX LCD HDMI/DECA, CAT 6, OTA
  • Sony PS3,
  • Denon AVR 2108, KEF C40
    Son's Room
  • Vizio 42" E3D420 VX LCD HDMI/DECA, CAT 6, OTA
    Network
  • Linksys EA4500 802.11N Gigabit router
  • 2 - D-Link DGS-1008G Gigabit switches
  • DirecTV Home Cinema Connection
  • DirecTV GenieGo
  • ISP: Verizon FiOs Quantum 50/35
  • Dell Studio 540 Quad Core Q8200 64 Bit, Cat6
  • 64 bit Windows 8 Home Premium w/ Windows Media Center, 8 gigs RAM, PlayOn
  • HP DV6-1243CLB Core 2 Duo T6600, 802.11N
  • 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium, 4 gigs RAM
  • Compaq Presario SR1650NX AMD 64, Cat6
  • 64 bit Windows 8 Home Premium w/ Windows Media Center, 6 gigs RAM
  • Apple Mac Mini Intel processor, 802.11N
  • Snow Leopard, 2 gigs RAM
  • iPhone 5S
  • iPad 2
  • Both iOS 8.1
  • 3879075488.png

#287 OFFLINE   Igmond

Igmond

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

I just spoke to retentions and was only offered a $10 credit for 12 months.  No ST promotions.  I'm not on a contract.  Will try back on Monday.

Update - Called back twice since the first post, nothing new on second call.  I said "Cancel Sunday Ticket" at the prompt today and was offered ST for 31.99 (-8.00) x 6 and free upgrade to MAX.  Not the best deal I've ever received, but fair enough for me this year.

#288 OFFLINE   scotte992

scotte992

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Has anyone gotten NFLST Max for free this year?

yes

#289 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,496 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:00 PM

Said "check contract end date" at the prompt, then just asked the CSR if I was eligible for a deal on Sunday Ticket this year. He immediately offered me the half-off Sunday Ticket Max deal that many others in this thread have mentioned, plus a $10/month discount for the next 12 months ("just for calling in to say hi this morning," said the CSR). That was fine with me, so I didn't press further. Total time talking to the CSR was only about 5 minutes.

Now, I'd already been billed for the first month's payment for ST Max ($54.99), and at least right now, I'm seeing two $54.99 credits on my statement (with slightly different descriptions) -- if that holds up, that second credit is definitely a nice bonus.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#290 OFFLINE   Steady Teddy

Steady Teddy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Been a DirecTv subscriber for over 13 years. I've subscribed to some form of the Sunday Ticket package every year. I called at the end of last week to see if there were any deals this year and the rep said 6 monthly installments of the regular price so I wouldn't be charged up front. I told her that wasn't really a deal :sure:

I asked what the penalty was for early cancellation and was put through to customer retention (I think that's the name of the department). Anyway, 50% off Sunday Ticket Max was the best I could do this year. There have been several years when I was able to get the best ST package for free but not this year. 

Genie HR44 --> Marantz AV8801 --> Sony XBRX55HX950

Mini Genie --> Sony XBR55HX950

#291 OFFLINE   mloradites

mloradites

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

So I knew my contract was up or very close so I called and said check expiration, told the rep I knew it was soon, had had some nasty storms lately that were making me miss recorded shows and Comcast was giving me good offers. Also said I wasn't sure about keeping NFLST. I am a 4 year premier with NFLST subscriber.

Got $20/mo for 12 Mos, renewal discount, $5/mo 12 Mos loyalty discount, $5 each, SHO, CIN, HBO for 6mos, $10 off of Sports for $6mos. So $450 in total credits if I do a 12 month renewal. I then said do I still get them if I cancel NFLST (as I really don't use it)? He said yes and I did. So I guess that makes me slightly off topic, but darned if I didn't make out like a bandit. Would have essentially gotten NFLST Max for free plus some credits if I had the whole thing.

Now being on a one year cycle and having my renewal date be right before NFL season I think I'm in a good spot if I ever do want ST back.

#292 OFFLINE   stlcardsblues

stlcardsblues

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:24 AM

I tried calling in to see if I could get a deal, was told the best I could do was to have Sunday Ticket for 6 payments of $32 (which did not include Max). I have been with Directv since 1997 and found this offer disappointing. She said there was nothing else they could offer me.

#293 OFFLINE   DrZ

DrZ

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

I tried calling in to see if I could get a deal, was told the best I could do was to have Sunday Ticket for 6 payments of $32 (which did not include Max). I have been with Directv since 1997 and found this offer disappointing. She said there was nothing else they could offer me.

I got the same deal when I called, but then I ended up calling back a few hours later and said "cancel service" at the voice prompt and ended up with free Red Zone and 3 months free HBO/Showtime/Cinemax.

#294 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,182 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

i ended up with sunday ticket max for $50. they gave me regular sunday ticket for free with a one year contract extension. i then asked if i could get the upgrade for half price and they said yes.

#295 OFFLINE   mrdobolina

mrdobolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 323 posts
  • LocationA Mile High

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

I called yesterday to bargain for a discount or cancel NFL Sunday Ticket if it was going to be full price.  I was very polite and am still under contract for about another year.  CSR gave me 6 months of $8 credits and free NFL Sunday Ticket Max.  Seeing as I got the Ticket for free last year, as well as a free upgrade to a Genie, I was happy with this discount.  I still have discounts from last year in effect, too. 

DirecTV Customer Since 1997

#296 OFFLINE   cobolts

cobolts

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for the info folks.  Rather than just read, benefit and move on I figured I'd share my experience for anyone else looking for a deal.

Just found this thread today as DTV was billing me the full price for ST and I went looking for better deal.  Called and asked to cancel ST and they put me over to "NFLST dept.".  There I was offered a couple of deals that I declined, third deal was $15 credit for 15 months + $8 off normal ST price if I bought ST, which is almost like getting paid for getting NFLST (??!!??).

Thanks again for the tips in this thread!

Edited by cobolts, 13 August 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#297 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

LONG STORY SHORT

Checked Contract end date via phone system.(Jan 2015)

ST Max  123.96 (4 Payments of 30.99)

HBO, Cinemax,Showtime free 3 Months

10 dollar a month credit for 12 months

5 dollar a month credit for 12 Months off the HD access charge.

Very pleased whole call took 10 minutes.

May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#298 OFFLINE   cobolts

cobolts

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

LONG STORY SHORT

Checked Contract end date via phone system.(Jan 2015)

ST Max  123.96 (4 Payments of 30.99)

HBO, Cinemax,Showtime free 3 Months

10 dollar a month credit for 12 months

5 dollar a month credit for 12 Months off the HD access charge.

Very pleased whole call took 10 minutes.

Dang, I should have held out for free HBO!  Sounds like they're amenable to some good deals right now.

#299 OFFLINE   stususs

stususs

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

At the voicemail prompt I stated "contract expiration date" and I was transferred to a woman who later identified herself as being in the Retention Department. My contract expires in three days.  I have been a customer for almost 20 years.  

First, she stopped the automatic Sunday Ticket renewal so that she could see "what offers come up."  I was immediately offered Sunday Ticket MAX for half price ($164).  But the only programming credit I was offered was $5 per month for 24 months.  We agreed that the problem was that the credits from last year's Sunday Ticket negotiations had not yet expired. The $20 per month credit for 12 months had one month remaining and the $15 per month credit for 15 months had four months remaining. My $10 per month Sports Pack credit (which accompanied my MLB Extra Innings subscription) also had one month remaining on its six month term.  She acknowledged that new credits could not be added until old credits expired.  She did restore the $10 HD receiver credit for those who use auto-pay.  That credit had just expired.

Since I was not satisfied with the MAX offer, I asked about stand alone Red Zone.  I was immediately offered Red Zone for free with the explanation that anyone who finds Sunday Ticket too expensive can have free Red Zone.

I will live with just Red Zone for the first few weeks of the season.  After most of my credits have expired, I will restart negotiations for the full Sunday Ticket package (or, perhaps, wait for a half-season promotion).

#300 OFFLINE   Rootz

Rootz

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

I called Monday night and said "when does my contract expire" at the prompt. The only offer she could find was $10 off x 6 payments. I asked if I could get just the RZC and was told that it was not available by itself. Cancelled ST and I'll try calling again next Monday.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...