Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

NFLST Deals/Offers for 2014

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#376 OFFLINE   tnnolman

tnnolman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

Called about 2 weeks ago and got regular ST for 6 payments of 39.99 and got ST max upgrade for free. Wonderful deal. 

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#377 OFFLINE   markrogo

markrogo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for this thread everyone. I appreciate it (and DirecTV's current attitude toward customer retention).

• Cali Patti likes this

#378 OFFLINE   Cali Patti

Cali Patti

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:17 AM

Thanks for this thread everyone. I appreciate it (and DirecTV's current attitude toward customer retention).

Agreed. I have followed the thread for this particular topic for more than five years now and it's been a great source of information.  Now obviously, as we have all found out, there are a variety of factors involved with just how good of a "deal" one will get when trying to get free, or a discounted rate on, Sunday Ticket. 

With my August bill, I went ahead and paid my first installment on the automatic renewal.  Last Thursday, with September's bill in hand, I called to make my attempt at keeping it again for free as with the past two years.  I have no premium packages, just Total Choice Xtra (or whatever it's called) and have had NFLST every year since 2005.  Last year I got it for free while agreeing to go for a year contract while upgrading to HD, and also received two monthly credits that totaled around $150 for the year.  After just a bit of back and forth clarification and just a small bit of negotiation with the rep (after going with the recommended "Check on contract expiration date" at the beginning)...I was fortunate enough to get Sunday Ticket again for free, with the same monthly credits I rec'd last year.  Just had to agree to another contract for a year.

#379 OFFLINE   patchs

patchs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:08 AM

I got mine in 3 weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still waiting, but it's only been 5 weeks. I'm tempted to call.

#380 OFFLINE   patchs

patchs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:55 AM

And I called, today. Rep says no record of gift card. Transferred me up. That rep said no record of it, said the offer was no longer available and instead took another $10 off my account for a year. I really would have liked the gift card because I planned on using it for a upcoming trip but at least the rep apologized and did something to make up for it. I shouldn't have waited so long to call.

#381 OFFLINE   Billzebub

Billzebub

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 638 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

Mine went towards a new dive computer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Protected By... spam firewall...And...