Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

NFLST Deals/Offers for 2014

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

I was told no deal or discount. St was removed from my account

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,649 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

Wow you must really suck at this phonecall thing.

#23 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

When does the billing begin for this if you are on auto-renew?

usually in July thats when I call

#24 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

or I'm just tired

#25 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

Sometimes it's just a matter of what CSR you get connected to.  This is why it's never a good idea to "threaten" something that you don't want to do.

#26 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Called the first time, spoke with regular CSR, $8 off regular ST.  I said no thanks.

Called back to verify my contract end date (ending in August) and got someone in accounts and promotions (or something like that).

Offered free Max; $20 off a month for 12 months and $5 off a month for 12 months.  Price for the ST was $42 x 6.

In other words, they are paying me for ST max (albeit over a year).

SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#27 OFFLINE   anex80

anex80

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

Sometimes it's just a matter of what CSR you get connected to.  This is why it's never a good idea to "threaten" something that you don't want to do.

I never threaten. I just call and ask if there are any offers available and usually do pretty well. I was finally able to get ST this year for free as others have posted but it took several calls.

#28 OFFLINE   sswheeler

sswheeler

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

I did the NFLST for $39.99 for 6 months, but then she was nice and gave me credits to off set my the $39.99, so I basically got it for free.

HR44-700/AM21

C41

HR21-200
R22-100(HD)
H25-100
D12-100

D12-100
SWM 16
AU9

Exede Internet (Cuz I live in the country and can't get anything else)

#29 OFFLINE   SteveHas

SteveHas

Hall of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:00 AM

I've gotten ST Max for free the past 3-4 years. I don't think i can keep getting it though. At some point I expect them to stop

#30 OFFLINE   amh84

amh84

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts
  • LocationNogales, Arizona

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

Just called a few moments ago and asked for any ST promotions they had. The lowest they would go was 8 dollars off a month for 6 months. 

HR34-700, HR22-100, C31 x3

#31 OFFLINE   SteelersFan

SteelersFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

Just called a few moments ago and asked for any ST promotions they had. The lowest they would go was 8 dollars off a month for 6 months. 

Just remember that you need to talk to someone in Customer Retention to get the best deal.  Also, I think right now it's still going to be hard to get a straight discount as compared to paying the freight, but getting credits in an amount which would make-up the difference.  I plan to be with DirecTV for at least the next two years so a year of credits is a no-brainer for me.  For me, by getting the NFL with Max package my bill would go up $20 for the next six months ($120 total), but then go down $30 from its current price for the six months following ($180 total).  That's $60 in my pocket when all is said and done plus the $100 gift card.  

#32 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,486 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

I never threaten. I just call and ask if there are any offers available and usually do pretty well. I was finally able to get ST this year for free as others have posted but it took several calls.

Apparently, VaJIm did, since the result of his call was that Sunday Ticket was removed from his accoutn.

#33 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

That is the same initial offer they gave me. I called back immediately and at the prompt of why I was calling said "check contract end date". That got me to a different department that would negotiate a better deal.

My current contract is up in August so that may have played a role in the deal I got.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#34 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:06 AM

Apparently, VaJIm did, since the result of his call was that Sunday Ticket was removed from his accoutn.

...apparently you're wrong. I made no threats. No need. I've been with DTV/ST since 2003 and I know what it takes to secure a deal. Apparently what did happen, the CSR offered me a low
ball offer of $8 off the full monthly. When I said..." I don't want it", she must have thought I meant remove the whole package. I didn't even know the ST was gone until I checked my
account online the next day. I plan to call DTV back and sort this out.

Thanks for the understanding.

#35 OFFLINE   Bobwhite

Bobwhite

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

I've received ST free the last 2 years and know how the game is played, but was unable to get it so far this year year. I politely cancelled the auto renew feature and will check back again in July or August and reference other deals posted here.

I was just checking on additional discounts and got another $10 off per month on top of the $46 monthly credits I already receive.

I've been with them uninterupted since '96 

#36 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 546 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Just got off my call with an awesome CSR. I explained that I would like to get this years MAX package for around what I paid last year or cheaper and if I couldn't I would like to remove the auto renewal. She checked and saw that I have the sports pack and have subscribed to the PPV packages since I've been a subscriber since 2013. She said she needed to remove the auto renew so she could find any deals. OK. She came back with a great discount. 4 payments of $40.99. Awesome deal for a grand total of $163.96. I asked if there was any way to push the payments to 6 just so it's not a bigger ding in the ol bank account each month. She said she could but that it would mean I end up paying $15.98 more in total. She then said she would credit me the $15.98 (which has already been posted to my account BTW) if we went that route. I went that route. Very pleased with that deal.

Before I got off the phone I asked about the GenieGo. My account shows it as being free but when I click on it it says it's unavailable. She said that if it shows free I should be able to get it. She checked on it and came back to say that she is sending one out overnight with waived shipping for a grand total of free. I'm a very happy camper. I love DirecTV. I can only hope the good times continue after the ATT acquisition. 

#37 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,559 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

Before I got off the phone I asked about the GenieGo. My account shows it as being free but when I click on it it says it's unavailable. She said that if it shows free I should be able to get it. She checked on it and came back to say that she is sending one out overnight with waived shipping for a grand total of free. I'm a very happy camper. I love DirecTV. I can only hope the good times continue after the ATT acquisition. 

Let us know if you get the Version 1 or 2

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#38 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 546 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Let us know if you get the Version 1 or 2

I planned on it 50/50 shot I guess but for free I'm good with either really.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

#39 OFFLINE   streatordogs09

streatordogs09

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

My contract is ending in 3 months so I called to just find out about that. I was asked if I would take 20 x 12 mo  and 5 x 12 mo for an extra year on contract. I said what about ST. Guy said nothing at the moment and to call back. So he put the offer in my notes. Will I lose my 10 off a month for HD autopay after the 3 months. If so, my 20 x12 turns really into 10 x 12. 

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

#40 OFFLINE   SteelersFan

SteelersFan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

My contract is ending in 3 months so I called to just find out about that. I was asked if I would take 20 x 12 mo  and 5 x 12 mo for an extra year on contract. I said what about ST. Guy said nothing at the moment and to call back. So he put the offer in my notes. Will I lose my 10 off a month for HD autopay after the 3 months. If so, my 20 x12 turns really into 10 x 12. 

Why didn't you take this deal?  That's $300 in credits?  ST + Max basically pays for itself at that point.  You shouldn't think of the $10 HD credit that way.  It's still a credit off your bill that you're otherwise not entitled to.  You either get it by negotiating it without ST being part of the equation or use it with your ST purchase.  

Protected By... spam firewall...And...