Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

NFLST Deals/Offers for 2014

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 557 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

Let us know if you get the Version 1 or 2

I planned on it 50/50 shot I guess but for free I'm good with either really.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

I got version 1.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:24 PM

...apparently you're wrong. I made no threats. No need. I've been with DTV/ST since 2003 and I know what it takes to secure a deal. Apparently what did happen, the CSR offered me a low
ball offer of $8 off the full monthly. When I said..." I don't want it", she must have thought I meant remove the whole package. I didn't even know the ST was gone until I checked my
account online the next day. I plan to call DTV back and sort this out.

Thanks for the understanding.

I called back tonight and sorted things out.  NFL ST is back on the account.  The best I could do for a discount was a $10 credit for 12 months.  The CSR did say I could call back to see if there were any other discounts available.  The first installment of 39.99 x 6 hit the account today. 

I guess the part I don't understand is the calling back part.  Usually in the past I've scored my discount on the first call, i.e. free (extend contract one year), $100 one time payment, etc.  Now that the installments are already activated and I'm getting a total $120 discount, what leverage do I have in future calls?  Other than to tell them to take the NFL ST off the account (sounds like a threat to me), why would they give me another deal? 

#43 OFFLINE   streatordogs09

streatordogs09

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

I called back tonight and sorted things out.  NFL ST is back on the account.  The best I could do for a discount was a $10 credit for 12 months.  The CSR did say I could call back to see if there were any other discounts available.  The first installment of 39.99 x 6 hit the account today. 

I guess the part I don't understand is the calling back part.  Usually in the past I've scored my discount on the first call, i.e. free (extend contract one year), $100 one time payment, etc.  Now that the installments are already activated and I'm getting a total $120 discount, what leverage do I have in future calls?  Other than to tell them to take the NFL ST off the account (sounds like a threat to me), why would they give me another deal? 

Actually until the season starts, you can always cancel and get your credits back. Each CSR is different, some lie, some are helpful, some not so much. I always am respectful either way, but I do take my own notes so I have it for future calls. For example, I will be like I called on this date and talk to John, and he said for me to call back to get a discount or whatever. They can see the times you contacted them. How many months are left on your contract?

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

#44 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

Actually until the season starts, you can always cancel and get your credits back. Each CSR is different, some lie, some are helpful, some not so much. I always am respectful either way, but I do take my own notes so I have it for future calls. For example, I will be like I called on this date and talk to John, and he said for me to call back to get a discount or whatever. They can see the times you contacted them. How many months are left on your contract?

My current contract expires august 2015

#45 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Now that the installments are already activated and I'm getting a total $120 discount, what leverage do I have in future calls?  Other than to tell them to take the NFL ST off the account (sounds like a threat to me), why would they give me another deal? 

Implying that you're considering the cancellation of NFL ST, without actually doing so ("I've been questioning the value of Sunday Ticket with all of the games that are now being broadcast nationally without Sunday Ticket, and I'm wondering if there are any deals available" vs "I want to cancel Sunday Ticket" and then hope that they attempt to save your subscription) is really the only leverage that you have.

#46 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Implying that you're considering the cancellation of NFL ST, without actually doing so ("I've been questioning the value of Sunday Ticket with all of the games that are now being broadcast nationally without Sunday Ticket, and I'm wondering if there are any deals available" vs "I want to cancel Sunday Ticket" and then hope that they attempt to save your subscription) is really the only leverage that you have.

He may have more leverage than than.  I have an offer right now from my cable company to pay any ETF from Directv.  Simply calling and saying you are exploring options about his service and wanting to know his contract end date may be enough leverage.

SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#47 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

He may have more leverage than than.  I have an offer right now from my cable company to pay any ETF from Directv.  Simply calling and saying you are exploring options about his service and wanting to know his contract end date may be enough leverage.

Thanks for the comments. For the record, I've never mentioned cancel the ticket. But Bill is right about the number of games now offered else where. Since I've now taken on a small part time job on Sundays, I'll probably miss parts of 2-3 games. I guess my main beef like it always has been is that the deals are not even across the board. Some chim In here telling us they got it for free while others get stuck paying full price.

Let the games begin.

#48 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

My current contract expires august 2015

If his contract were ending soon, I'd agree with you.  But, based on VaJim's earlier response. DirecTV's answer to his contract end date may just be "August 2015.  Is there something else that I can help you with?".  Contract end date will be real good for leverage next season.

#49 OFFLINE   wheelswagz

wheelswagz

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

I just called today and mentioned "check contract end date" at the prompt.  I was on hold for a few minutes, then talked to a guy that was quite helpful.  I said I called to check my contract end date and see if there were any discounts available on my current bill and/or ST specials.  He asked if I had any gotten any specials on ST before, and I told him I got it for free last year.  Then he went and did his thing and came back and gave me $10 off my current bill for 12 months, and then told me to call back at the end of July or mid August before they will have any ST specials available, and that the discount he gave me today would not impact any ST specials next month, etc.

• VaJim likes this

DirecTV & NFL Ticket Subscriber since 1995

#50 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

I just called today and mentioned "check contract end date" at the prompt.  I was on hold for a few minutes, then talked to a guy that was quite helpful.  I said I called to check my contract end date and see if there were any discounts available on my current bill and/or ST specials.  He asked if I had any gotten any specials on ST before, and I told him I got it for free last year.  Then he went and did his thing and came back and gave me $10 off my current bill for 12 months, and then told me to call back at the end of July or mid August before they will have any ST specials available, and that the discount he gave me today would not impact any ST specials next month, etc.

Thanks...and that's what I received the other day. One thing that does somewhat concern me is that back in Aug 2013 I upgraded to the Genie (2 year ext). Then in April 2014 I had to have
the Genie replaced (HR34 to HR44) and in doing so they changed my contract expire date to April 2016. I called about it the other day was told it should be August 2015 but they couldn't
change it in the computer, but the CSR said he did make a note. So now every time I call do I have to bring this up?

#51 OFFLINE   dlt4

dlt4

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

I had a very similar experience yesterday. No deals at the moment, for me at least, but got the $10 discount for a year. I'm glad to hear that that shouldn't keep me from perhaps getting an ST discount later because I wondered about that after I hung up. I had a small ST discount last year, but nowhere near free.

DirecTV customer since 2003
HR44-700 --> Sony KDL-46XBR4
HR24-500 --> Sony KDL-32EX500

#52 OFFLINE   JKUCSMA

JKUCSMA

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Wow, some of you guys got great deals, only got ST for 199.00.

#53 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

I have to call tomorrow. I noticed my account says 39.99x6. Not the deal I was told. I'll update tomorrow.

#54 ONLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:13 AM

I have to call tomorrow. I noticed my account says 39.99x6. Not the deal I was told. I'll update tomorrow.

You account is going to still show the full price, you will receive credits back every month near the end of your billing cycle.

I get charged 32.99 for mlb EI, and 2 days before my bill releases I get a $41 credit.

Former Directv Subscriber May 5th-2012 - November 7th 2014 

Blue Ridge Communticatons

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus anolog Bedrrom 5 and 6

#55 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 557 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

You account is going to still show the full price, you will receive credits back every month near the end of your billing cycle.

I get charged 32.99 for mlb EI, and 2 days before my bill releases I get a $41 credit.

It wasn't that way last year. My deal price showed up. Did they change something from the way the did it last year?

#56 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 557 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

Called and confirmed. The csr who got me the deal lied or did something wrong. The Sunday Ticket rep said there wasn't any 29.99 deal in their system. She was able to get me the 31.99 deal though so an extra 12 over the season. Oh well. I'm still happy. Instead of 330 I'm paying 175.96 with the credit the original csr gave me apparently for no reason now. 😁

#57 OFFLINE   Dukester619

Dukester619

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

I got ST Max last year for I think around $80 split into 4 payments. I just checked the DTV website to see what I had for programing currently and it shows NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2014 for $0.00 with option to activate ST Max for $18.00 a month over 5 month or a one time $90.00 payment. This seems like a great deal if I am reading it correctly, and I would jump on it if it really is how I am reading it. I have been getting free Redzone by itself for 4 years and went for the ST Max last year after they offered me the deal mentioned above, but never without having to make the retention call.

It seems like they are giving me the deal without even having to go through the phone call hoops. Has anyone here seen this deal on your DTV programing page or have any other thoughts about this? It almost seems to good to be true.

#58 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,489 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

I just checked the DTV website to see what I had for programing currently and it shows NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2014 for $0.00 with option to activate ST Max for $18.00 a month over 5 month or a one time $90.00 payment.

You'll still need to call -- for everyone who had it last year, they put this year's on the statement with the $0.00 price as a reminder for a couple months before they actually start to charge. If you do nothing, you'll be charged the full renewal price.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#59 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 386 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

This just made me relize that i have not been seeing the "sunday ticket $0.00" line on my bill so i called to see if and when i would be billed for auto renewal. Turns out somehow it got removed from last season so the CSR added ST Max with a offer of $40 for 4 months. and gave me $10 a month for 6mo for my "troubles".

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

#60 OFFLINE   Dukester619

Dukester619

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

You'll still need to call -- for everyone who had it last year, they put this year's on the statement with the $0.00 price as a reminder for a couple months before they actually start to charge. If you do nothing, you'll be charged the full renewal price.

Thanks for the heads up, it's my first year paying for anything (4 years of free Redzone). I have never had the recurring subscription appear.  I will make the call and see what they will do for me in July because that is when I called last year for my freebies and several of my credits run out that month.

Is there really a different way to get to a Retention person then doing the "cancel" thing on the phone tree now?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...