Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote way to see to do lists?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

We have 4 HR24s and 1 HR34. Without going to another room's TV, we would like to be able to see all of the to do lists and the series links from the TV in the room where we are or alternatively from our iPads. Is there a way? I know how to set up programs remotely via the ipad but not review what's planned by looking at the other DVRs to do list.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,911 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Unfortunately, no, unless you want a Slingbox on every tv.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

Unfortunately, no, unless you want a Slingbox on every tv.

Forgot about slingbox. That's not a bad idea. Where is the best to find about people's experience using it with Directv?

#4 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,911 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

I've read many good things about it and Vulkano. Is buying 5 of them financially feasible for you?

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

I've read many good things about it and Vulkano. Is buying 5 of them financially feasible for you?

Vulkano is something I have not heard of. And yes, since I paid to have all five of my DVRS upgraded to 2TB internal drives, I might be willing to get them all slingboxes or Vulkanos. Any recommendation on which one and how well they work with Directv?

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,266 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Keep  in mind that you would still need to log in to each one individually. No different then in your house

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,853 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

Slingbox works very well with DirecTV units. Not sure just how convenient it would be to use it for the purpose you desire, only you can decide that.  It shouldn't be that often that you actually need to check the todo list and series link manager, and in those cases it would not seem unreasonable to go to those tv locations. But that's easy to say without being you, and in your specific situation.

#8 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,851 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

We have 4 HR24s and 1 HR34. Without going to another room's TV, we would like to be able to see all of the to do lists and the series links from the TV in the room where we are or alternatively from our iPads. Is there a way? I know how to set up programs remotely via the ipad but not review what's planned by looking at the other DVRs to do list.

Customers with multi-DVRs are non-existing to DirecTV developers. They are focus on customers with only one DVR.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#9 OFFLINE   compnurd

compnurd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationEvans City PA

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

They should look into doing this.  With my old Tivo Premieres I could use the app or the website to check the to do list and season passes on every box that was connected to the internet

SWM-16
HR44
2-C-41
HR24
2-H25

#10 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,851 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

I hoping an app will come along that will do what the DVR doesn't do now -- look at combine DVR Series Manager List and combine ToDo List.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#11 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

I hoping an app will come along that will do what the DVR doesn't do now -- look at combine DVR Series Manager List and combine ToDo List.

Even the Uverse app will show all the recordings and upcoming recordings

I'm sure it's possible to issue a service call from an app because they all ready do that in older PC apps and the GG app.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Edited by prushing, 25 May 2014 - 10:30 PM.

spam firewall