Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Louie

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Are we liking this? We waited 19 months for the new season.

"Model" was pretty interesting. Sort of frightening. And based on true experiences, except for the knockout punch and consequences. "So did the fat lady" was my least favorite, probably because it made me the most uncomfortable.

But I still feel every Louie ep is a gem. I am a huge fan of this guy, and have been ever since his arc on Parks and Rec as Leslie's boyfriend (I didn't like the HBO show, but neither did Louie).

Louie C K is a brilliant guy, a great standup, and is very sweet and relatable. You can identify with him, and that is the hook for every ep, the viewer identifying with this schlub who finds himself in new situations all the time. He has also made a lot of impressive professional decisions. I can't get enough of him, and I hope he does another 5 years of this show.

If I had to spend 6 months stuck in a hospital bed next to someone else in the same room, I would want it to be Louie. I used to say that about John Lennon.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...