Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need a FIFA World Cup workaround

FIFA World Cup DirecTV

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Ken Stomski

Ken Stomski

Mentor

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:46 AM

FINALLY!  I was wondering why the Slingbox wasn't mentioned...  I use one with my d* dvr and it works great.  stream to my phone when I am travelling...  watch it on a browser when I am in front of a computer. 

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   mws192

mws192

Godfather

• Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

Try the Univision and Univision Deportes apps.  It's not clear if you have to authenticate, but if you don't it could be a decent solution for video (and Spanish audio).

http://www.mediapost...soccer-app.html

Update, you will have to authenticate but I just confirmed that the iOS app for Univision Deportes will work for Directv subs. I was able to log in.  It'll have all the games with Spanish audio but there is an option for English text for navigating within the app.

http://www.multichan...orld-cup/374874

Edited by mws192, 02 June 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#23 ONLINE   Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez

Godfather

• Registered
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Authentication may not be necessary for Univision until July 4th.

http://variety.com/2...ine-1201198262/

Via the Univision Deportes App, the first two rounds of World Cup action will be available free for anyone to watch. Starting July 4 with the quarterfinals through the July 13 final, users must log in using credentials from their pay-TV provider. ESPN’s live-streaming of the 64 World Cup matches online and on mobile will also require subs to authenticate their pay-TV subscription.

Since 1995 the average cable bill has increased 122%, while TV consumption per household just 13%.

http://www.multichan...1_Per_Month.php

http://blog.nielsen....-all-time-high/

#24 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,158 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

The ABC games including the final will be on ESPN3. If you aren't stuck with an ISP that blocks ESPN3 without a television subscription (Time Warner/Brighthouse), you should have access to them. I'm not sure about Optimum, since I've seen conflicting reports on them blocking ESPN3, but if you subscribe to their basic locals package you'll get access to the ABC games via WatchABC unless you are in one of their Hartford/New Haven DMA systems where WTNH is the local ABC affiliate.

Also, if you don't intend to watch the games and were planning to have them on as background noise during work, ESPN Radio will be streaming all the games online which you can access with their app, TuneIn or over the air on your ESPN Radio affiliate.

Edited by KyL416, 02 June 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#25 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,344 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

The ABC games including the final will be on ESPN3. If you aren't stuck with an ISP that blocks ESPN3 without a television subscription (Time Warner/Brighthouse), you should have access to them. I'm not sure about Optimum, since I've seen conflicting reports on them blocking ESPN3, but if you subscribe to their basic locals package you'll get access to the ABC games via WatchABC unless you are in one of their Hartford/New Haven DMA systems where WTNH is the local ABC affiliate.

Also, if you don't intend to watch the games and were planning to have them on as background noise during work, ESPN Radio will be streaming all the games online which you can access with their app, TuneIn or over the air on your ESPN Radio affiliate.

I can confirm that Optimum blocks ESPN3 to internet only subscribers

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FIFA World Cup, DirecTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...