Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

24: The next "Jack" ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf

Icon

• Registered
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

Kiefer Sutherland has often said he thinks 24 can continue on without him with a younger actor as the lead. So... is Yvonne Strahovski being set up as the next "Jack?"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:23 AM

I think so.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,577 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

Loved her as Hannah in Dexter. Like her so far in 24, but I'm not ready to hand her Jack's job just yet. :)

/steve

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

She rocked Chuck too!  A sort of "Alias" feel to her character on Chuck.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

I'm hoping she'll need to go undercover on 24 in her ponytails and Weiner Hut outfit from the 1st season of Chuck.

#6 OFFLINE   heathramos

heathramos

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

Kiefer Sutherland has often said he thinks 24 can continue on without him with a younger actor as the lead. So... is Yvonne Strahovski being set up as the next "Jack?"

She seems more like a side kick to me.

Watching her torture people for information wouldn't be the same as it is with Jack.

Maybe Jack's character can change as he gets older. Be more of a leader of a group and strategist.  

I'm picturing an old Bruce Wayne. Not sure if Kiefer still wants to do this role, though. 

3 HR20's
1 Channel Master 4228 antenna in attic
1 Samsung 55" LCD (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Samsung 46" LCD (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Panasonic 42" Plasma (connected using hdmi cable)
1 Popcorn Hour A-400
1 Popcorn Hour C-200

#7 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

There is real talk about a spinoff for her. But now that we have 24 back we understand why it was cancelled. It's old and tired; older and tired-er than Jack. Rather than improving on 24, they just ressurected it, and sent it out there like a broken-down pitcher on Old-Timer's Day. I was expecting them to improve on the show rather than just do a retread in order to cash the checks.

If she is the "new blood", what I wish is that they re-imagine the show to the point where it hardly resembles the old chestnut that 24 has become. First of all, unless there is a cheetah in the scene, there is zero comic relief (intentional or not), absolutely nothing to break the tension. Having a lead with a dry, wry sense of humor is part of why a dark, sinister show like X Files worked as well as it did. Pair her with someone with that personality. Hell, pair her with Duchovny himself. She seems to have little sense of humor, but boy oh boy, has she got everything else.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#8 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:22 AM

I think so.

I agree and I'm all in for that. ;)

#9 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,570 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:48 PM

In light of her performance on Louie, I am re-evaluating my opinion. It could be that Yvonne always plays straight, no-nonsense characters that makes me think she has no sense of humor. But the first half of her Louie episode was her laughing (and the only one in Louie's audience that was laughing) and there is no sweeter sound than a hot girl laughing. It sends a subconscious signal that she is content and enjoying herself and may just stick around, which is a subconsious cue all men subconsciously want to hear. (Sorry, another X Files reference coming) Agent Dana Scully was also a hot, no-nonsense broad, and just her brandishing a firearm was , uhh, stimulating. But the fire she lit under me that was the hottest was the episode when she was drugged silly and could not stop laughing. I wish there was an X Files out-take reel somewhere.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...