Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Watch ABC agreement ever coming for DTV?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   don s

don s

Mentor

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

Do we have any idea when DTV may reach some agreement with ABC so that we can finally authenticate Watch ABC on mobile devices?  It's really annoying to have just about every other provider available but no DTV.  These agreements all seem so random ..

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

I know the contract is up for renegotiation this year. I would be very surprised if streaming wasn't nailed down by then. Actually a bit surprised they didn't get it done before the World Cup so DIRECTV could stream it on WatchESPN.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   don s

don s

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Boy I hope it gets done this year.   I feel like we're left out of some great mobile experiences without these agreements...   

#4 OFFLINE   steveymac

steveymac

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

You can blame Disney for this, as much as they say on their website to contact your provider to get access, they won't add their "watch" product mid-contract.  plus you know what this means when we do get access, a higher bill..ugh!

#5 OFFLINE   don s

don s

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

Still no word on this I suppose. I wish they would get on with finishing their negotiations... :-/

#6 OFFLINE   GLJones

GLJones

AllStar

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

We got lucky, my wife works for Disney so we can get free access.  The FoxNow app is not available though as they don't support DirecTV either.

#7 OFFLINE   csf97

csf97

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Very frustrating that we lost our local Fox affiliate this weekend in the Raycom/DirecTV dispute and the information DirecTV provides about it states that there are apps available for ABC and FOX where we can watch the national programming.  Downloaded the FoxNow app - DirecTV is not listed as a carrier that can access the app.  It was like rubbing salt in the wound  :blackeye:

#8 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

Very frustrating that we lost our local Fox affiliate this weekend in the Raycom/DirecTV dispute and the information DirecTV provides about it states that there are apps available for ABC and FOX where we can watch the national programming.  Downloaded the FoxNow app - DirecTV is not listed as a carrier that can access the app.  It was like rubbing salt in the wound  :blackeye:

Agreed.  DirecTV goofed big time with their inclusion. 

#9 OFFLINE   mrmojo

mrmojo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

I finally bit the bullet back in April and got a smartphone.  Now I find out that I can't use WatchESPN or Watch ABC.  Again DirecTV trails the competition.  I am so glad that when my $10 off/month for HD 24 month discount ran out I was able to renew it for 1 yr with no commitment.  Planning on purchasing a new HDTV next year and then it's bye bye DirecTV and hello Verizon FIOS.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...