Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie 0x0870, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#151 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:39 PM

New HR 44 and recording light also is not active with this release.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#152 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

New HR44 here with 0x870 and the recording light is fine.  It's minuscule compared to the one on my old HR34, but it's there.

#153 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,269 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:44 AM

I have an interesting observation on something that changed with search on 0x870.  

I have several saved searches on my box for quickly going thru late night talk shows without having to have a season pass setup for them.  For example: One search is for the Tonight Show and is as follows:

FALLON TTITLE CCHAN 17 & High-Def

Previously, if I executed that search, I'd get one listing for 'The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon' on channel 17.  When I would hit that result, the upcoming episodes of that show would display, still limited by my search query.  In other words, I would not see the SD version showing on upcoming episodes, nor would I see episodes on channels other than 17.

Now, if I execute the search on 0x870, then select upcoming episodes for 'The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon', I get a listing of it on all channels (not just 17) in both SD and HD including channels I don't get (they are greyed out).  

If I remove the internet connection from my box, then the search reverts to the 'old' way listed first above with a '(no internet connection)' message listed on the header above the upcoming listings result.  So, I am to assume that searches are now being done on DirecTV's back end if there is an internet connection; and when executing that search, my original limiters aren't being sent to DirecTV?  Does this mean that the boolean searches we previously did are being phased out by DirecTV?

I am very curios if there is some specific reason you have sd channels shown instead of hidden for your unit?

Hi Def is not at all necessary and can cause more issues than solve when it comes to doing Boolean Searches Auto Recordings Recordings anymore.  Its become a complete waste of typing if its in a Boolean ARSL. And if you hide SD, you would never see any sd results if a channel comes in in hd for any search at all.

For a simple search like you are performing, It can be somewhat useful, if you have show sd turned on for some reason.   Turn on hide sd channels and its again completely worthless even for just searches.

As for the search results with or without the internet plugged in, you are seeing a bug.  ;) However, I am not sure if its a bug they will ever bother to fix, although i think they will, but not sure, because it does not affect a Boolean ARSL, only a search, at least that I can tell so far.

Yes they are doing the searches on the back end, but Booleans aren't going anywhere. In fact they are being used more and more internally by Directv, just reference Sports Search on Genies. You, I think, are one of the few people I have ever run across that uses them for searches and not ARSL's, so its an interesting issue you are having.

#154 OFFLINE   MattWarner

MattWarner

Legend

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

I am very curios if there is some specific reason you have sd channels shown instead of hidden for your unit?

When I originally created the searches a year go, I did have SD visible (but not in my favorites list, so I never really saw them).  I did that so that I could quickly toggle them back on in rain fade events.  Since then, I do have SD channels hidden, but I never went back to recreate the searches.

As for the search results with or without the internet plugged in, you are seeing a bug.   ;) However, I am not sure if its a bug they will ever bother to fix, although i think they will, but not sure, because it does not affect a Boolean ARSL, only a search, at least that I can tell so far.

Glad to know other people may have seen it.  Hope it does get fixed because it worked perfectly for me for over a year.

You, I think, are one of the few people I have ever run across that uses them for searches and not ARSL's, so its an interesting issue you are having.

That is my hangover from my DirecTiVo days when we had wishlist searches...  :)

Thanks!

#155 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 17,269 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

When I originally created the searches a year go, I did have SD visible (but not in my favorites list, so I never really saw them).  I did that so that I could quickly toggle them back on in rain fade events.  Since then, I do have SD channels hidden, but I never went back to recreate the searches.

Glad to know other people may have seen it.  Hope it does get fixed because it worked perfectly for me for over a year.

That is my hangover from my DirecTiVo days when we had wishlist searches...   :)

Thanks!

Tivo wish lists sucked for me and never recorded things properly for Lakers games.  Big no no for me.

If your searches are too old, if any of them use CCHAN, you need to redo them.  CCHAN is now CCHANS and can make a difference.  Id redo them all anyway, and get rid of things like HD, as it really is useless and can cause more problems than it can fix these days.

#156 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

Received 0x08C2 this morning on my HR44-500 - so far one new added feature is HDMI control!!!

#157 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 135 posts
  • LocationKC area

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

Remote became unresponsive last night after checking release with the hold INFO button(still on this release).  Previous command to do a doubleplay resulted in a blank screen.  Was hoping that the remote function would return after all shows finished recording last night, but it was still unresponsive this morning.  Had to do a red button reset to get it to function again.

HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#158 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,132 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:03 AM

20140731-17D1

I know a new version is going out, but my parents DVR locked up this morning starting a recording playback. This report is using sendreport keyword.

#159 OFFLINE   jacinkcmo

jacinkcmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 76 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

This may be a stupid question, but what exactly does the new HDMI on/off setting do?

I grew up in a 3-channel world...and there's often still nothing on I want to watch!

HR44-500 w/ AM-21
HR24-200

#160 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,414 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

This may be a stupid question, but what exactly does the new HDMI on/off setting do?

If your TV and OR your AVR support it, then it can be set up so that turning on one unit will set the proper input and turn the others on an off.

I have not done that with mine since I am running Component cable hookup on my TV. My AVR does not support HDMI at all.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM, HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#161 OFFLINE   maddog1987

maddog1987

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorh Carolina

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

I also have this problem it happens on 0x870:  Play, Pause, Rewind, 30 s Skip, 5 second rewind etc etc.  

Been through 3 Genies so Far, including hooking up the Genie Mini to the AVR which still presented the problem

but only in a different tone (much higher pitch)

Setup is:

Genie HR44-500 [Dolby Digital Enabled] --HDMI Only --> Panasonic SA-BX500 --> Boston Acoustic 7.1 

What I've done for now is turned Off DD on the HR44-500, sucks quite a bit, but it's better than making my

speakers tweak out.  

Only producing the "Click" through Front Left and Front Right speakers not the full surround. 

DD Indicator on SA-BX500 turns on an off intermittently whilst the sound clicks

https://plus.google....sts/9MpoHpx9kPY

Basically I was told that my "Old AVR" was incompatible with the new Genie... To me this is not an acceptable

answer when my "OLD DVR" didn't have this problem and now that I'm seeing that it apperently started happening

to at least one other person after 0x863 update...

The solution is simple Directv:  If the DVR is on, maintain a Dolby Digital signal even if it is silent.

Just a FYI for those with this problem. 

My problem with the "POP" is closer to the one reported by "orleans704".  It only pops when I hit Resume after Pausing.  At first it seemed to only be in my center channel but later I discovered it effected both my left and right front speakers (just to a lesser degree). The only new thing I can add to what has been said is that it does not pop the after the first Resume of the day... but it will pop every time I hit Resume the rest of the day. 

Today I called in about this problem. I even put my phone up to my speaker so they could hear the problem.  They put me on hold and when they got back with me they indicated they had no other reports about this problem. But I was told another tech there is also getting the problem.  I told them about this thread on DBSTALK and gave them the information "orleans704" had reported being it started 0x863.  For me I just started noticing the problem about the end of June or early July.  I just upgrade my equipment (Genie) in mid-May so maybe I just didn't notice the problem for a while.  Lastly, I did indicated the problem stopped when I turned the DD setting to off. But added that wasn't an acceptable work around.

They created an engineer report and said I may or may not hear back from them.  This was a supervisor level person so hopefully it will be of help to all of us.  She did agree that if her co-worker was getting the problem as well as me and others (as I reported from DBSTALK), there must be a DirecTV problem. 

Good luck to all.   

#162 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,557 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

Welcome to DBSTalk!

As I suggested to Jesselfout, can you readily hook the AVR via optical? That often obviates those problems, but in some cases limits the DD signal. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#163 OFFLINE   maddog1987

maddog1987

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorh Carolina

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Welcome to DBSTalk!

As I suggested to Jesselfout, can you readily hook the AVR via optical? That often obviates those problems, but in some cases limits the DD signal. 

I read your suggestion.  Optical didn't help. DD wasn't limited.  Also, as I said, turning off DD eliminated the problem but is not an acceptable work around.  I am getting ready to upgrade my A/V receiver (not for this problem).  I'll see if that helps (this was a DTV suggestion mentioned previously in this thread).

#164 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,557 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

I'll be that'll do it. What are you getting? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#165 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

I'll be that'll do it. What are you getting?

I wouldn't want folks to think audio issues can't stem from Directv firmware. My Pioneer 1020k had an audio delay issue on buffered tuners. The issue lasted the whole first year I had my HR44. Then the last fw update from Directv fixed the issue.

#166 OFFLINE   maonstad

maonstad

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

I just received 0x0750 last night on my C31-700 clients.  It does have HDMI-CEC.  

Edited by maonstad, 29 August 2014 - 11:05 AM.

------------------------------------------------

My Setup

Directv HR-34/700 Genie with C31/700 Clients (2).

Cinema Connection Kit (wireless).

Former Directv Tech 2007

#167 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

I just received 0x0750 last night on my C31-700 clients. It does have HDMI-CEC.

Nice. I hope it comes to my C41 soon. I'd love to be able to change inputs on my bedroom Samsung TV by simply turning an Apple TV on and turning my C41 off, and vice versa. I may even be able to train the Apple TV to work with the newer DTV remote, which would really be sweet. That'd all eliminate 2 of 3 remotes and a cumbersome multi-remote input changing.

Edited by itzme, 31 August 2014 - 12:31 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...