Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Genie 0x0870, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   maddog1987

maddog1987

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorh Carolina

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

I also have this problem it happens on 0x870:  Play, Pause, Rewind, 30 s Skip, 5 second rewind etc etc.  

Been through 3 Genies so Far, including hooking up the Genie Mini to the AVR which still presented the problem

but only in a different tone (much higher pitch)

Setup is:

Genie HR44-500 [Dolby Digital Enabled] --HDMI Only --> Panasonic SA-BX500 --> Boston Acoustic 7.1 

What I've done for now is turned Off DD on the HR44-500, sucks quite a bit, but it's better than making my

speakers tweak out.  

Only producing the "Click" through Front Left and Front Right speakers not the full surround. 

DD Indicator on SA-BX500 turns on an off intermittently whilst the sound clicks

https://plus.google....sts/9MpoHpx9kPY

Basically I was told that my "Old AVR" was incompatible with the new Genie... To me this is not an acceptable

answer when my "OLD DVR" didn't have this problem and now that I'm seeing that it apperently started happening

to at least one other person after 0x863 update...

The solution is simple Directv:  If the DVR is on, maintain a Dolby Digital signal even if it is silent.

Just a FYI for those with this problem. 

My problem with the "POP" is closer to the one reported by "orleans704".  It only pops when I hit Resume after Pausing.  At first it seemed to only be in my center channel but later I discovered it effected both my left and right front speakers (just to a lesser degree). The only new thing I can add to what has been said is that it does not pop the after the first Resume of the day... but it will pop every time I hit Resume the rest of the day. 

Today I called in about this problem. I even put my phone up to my speaker so they could hear the problem.  They put me on hold and when they got back with me they indicated they had no other reports about this problem. But I was told another tech there is also getting the problem.  I told them about this thread on DBSTALK and gave them the information "orleans704" had reported being it started 0x863.  For me I just started noticing the problem about the end of June or early July.  I just upgrade my equipment (Genie) in mid-May so maybe I just didn't notice the problem for a while.  Lastly, I did indicated the problem stopped when I turned the DD setting to off. But added that wasn't an acceptable work around.

They created an engineer report and said I may or may not hear back from them.  This was a supervisor level person so hopefully it will be of help to all of us.  She did agree that if her co-worker was getting the problem as well as me and others (as I reported from DBSTALK), there must be a DirecTV problem. 

Good luck to all.   

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

Welcome to DBSTalk!

As I suggested to Jesselfout, can you readily hook the AVR via optical? That often obviates those problems, but in some cases limits the DD signal. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#163 OFFLINE   maddog1987

maddog1987

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorh Carolina

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Welcome to DBSTalk!

As I suggested to Jesselfout, can you readily hook the AVR via optical? That often obviates those problems, but in some cases limits the DD signal. 

I read your suggestion.  Optical didn't help. DD wasn't limited.  Also, as I said, turning off DD eliminated the problem but is not an acceptable work around.  I am getting ready to upgrade my A/V receiver (not for this problem).  I'll see if that helps (this was a DTV suggestion mentioned previously in this thread).

#164 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

I'll be that'll do it. What are you getting? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#165 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

I'll be that'll do it. What are you getting?

I wouldn't want folks to think audio issues can't stem from Directv firmware. My Pioneer 1020k had an audio delay issue on buffered tuners. The issue lasted the whole first year I had my HR44. Then the last fw update from Directv fixed the issue.

#166 OFFLINE   maonstad

maonstad

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

I just received 0x0750 last night on my C31-700 clients.  It does have HDMI-CEC.  

Edited by maonstad, 29 August 2014 - 11:05 AM.

------------------------------------------------

My Setup

Directv HR-34/700 Genie with C31/700 Clients (2).

Cinema Connection Kit (wireless).

Former Directv Tech 2007

#167 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

I just received 0x0750 last night on my C31-700 clients. It does have HDMI-CEC.

Nice. I hope it comes to my C41 soon. I'd love to be able to change inputs on my bedroom Samsung TV by simply turning an Apple TV on and turning my C41 off, and vice versa. I may even be able to train the Apple TV to work with the newer DTV remote, which would really be sweet. That'd all eliminate 2 of 3 remotes and a cumbersome multi-remote input changing.

Edited by itzme, 31 August 2014 - 12:31 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...