Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Newsmax TV Signs With DISH Network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dennispap

dennispap

Icon

• Registered
  • 652 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

Newsmax Media today announced that it has reached a distribution agreement with satellite TV provider DISH Network Corp. for Newsmax TV, expanding the reach of the forthcoming news, information and lifestyle channel to nearly 35 million satellite homes and businesses when it soft launches on June 16.

The new distribution deal puts Newsmax in more than one-third of U.S. cable and satellite homes. Last week the company announced a distribution deal with DIRECTV, the nation’s largest satellite provider reaching more than 20 million subscribers.

In announcing the DISH agreement, Newsmax Media CEO Christopher Ruddy said he expects Newsmax TV’s distribution to grow by the time the channel, which targets the interests and needs of an underserved Baby Boomer audience, officially launches this fall.

"Newsmax TV's agreement with DISH further accelerates our path to initial carriage in 40 percent of U.S. homes," Ruddy said.

http://www.newsmax.c...6/10/id/576218/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,102 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

No HD.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#3 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

No HD.

Where do you see "no HD" in the article or is this a presumption?

I wonder what channel number it will be on?  Probably in the 200's near CNN/FNC/MSNBC

Edited by Michael P, 11 June 2014 - 12:33 PM.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#4 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

I am waiting for the news channel debate to start here. I hope the moderator will step in, before thing get out of hand.

It is fine to have another news oriented channel. But, when I want news, I just want the news; period. I do not need to be spoon fed someon'es interpretation of the news.  News reporting is suppose to deliver the facts: who, what, when, where and how. Leave the why up to the reader, listener or viewer.

Right now, CNN, Headline News, FOX News Channel and Blaze; all fail here..Al Jazeera America, is a taboo topic and I will leave it at that. This new channel will probably fall into this mix, as well. 

At least conservatives might now get a different view than what is offered by Fox News or Blaze. Liberals can enjoy CNN and MSNBC. But, for those who just want news; I am still waiting.

#5 OFFLINE   prabs24

prabs24

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

"At least conservatives might now get a different view than what is offered by Fox News or Blaze. Liberals can enjoy CNN and MSNBC. But, for those who just want news; I am still waiting."

If only we could get BBC World!!!

Edited by prabs24, 11 June 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

New Brookings Institute poll out today says Fox News is the most trusted news source in the country.

Edited by Jim5506, 11 June 2014 - 06:16 PM.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#7 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

The second that! BBC World rocks!

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,581 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

I am waiting for the news channel debate to start here. I hope the moderator will step in, before thing get out of hand.

#1 ... If you don't want to see such a debate, don't bring up the topic. Note: We don't want to see the debate.
#2 ... We'll watch, report posts as usual and we'll take care of the deletions and bans (moderation).
#3 ... Do not reply to posts you report or you feel should be reported. If you reply to a "bad post" you too will be subject to moderation.
(This applies to any topic or thread ... if you see a problem post, report it and do not reply.)

We are NOT doing the Fox News/CNN/MSNBC etc. debate here. Period. Consider this the line ... and do not start down that road. Don't cross the line.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#9 OFFLINE   jerry1979

jerry1979

• Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationChattanooga TN

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:17 AM

Yes, Dish, can you please add BBC World News Channel!!!

#10 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

BBC World News is available on IP radio free.

#11 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

.Al Jazeera America, is a taboo topic and I will leave it at that.

But, for those who just want news; I am still waiting.

What's the taboo? Al Jazeera is what you claim you're waiting for.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#12 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

New Brookings Institute poll out today says Fox News is the most trusted news source in the country.

Yes, regarding Americans' attitudes toward immigration, foreign policy and the media, Conservatives clearly trust FNC. This wasn't about trust in all reporting - it's very limited.  However, it just barely edged out broadcast news.

immigrationFigure13.jpg

Interesting, FNC viewers are also the most uninformed viewers regarding this. The study found of the Americans who trust Fox News to give them the most accurate information about politics and current events, just 12 percent correctly believe that deportations have increased under the Obama administration, said the study, which measured cultural attitudes toward immigration in 2014. As a whole, 25 percent of Americans correctly said deportations have risen.

Also, studies have shown FNC viewers are the most uninformed. http://www.huffingto..._n_1538914.html

The largest effect is that of Fox News: all else being equal, someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer just 1.04 domestic questions correctly -- a figure which is significantly worse than if they had reported watching no media at all. On the other hand, if they listened only to NPR, they would be expected to answer 1.51 questions correctly; viewers of Sunday morning talk shows fare similarly well. And people watching only "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" could answer about 1.42 questions correctly.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#13 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

It seems to me that a pure news channel would run out of stuff to report after about 15 minutes and then what would it fill the airwaves with?

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

#14 OFFLINE   eudoxia

eudoxia

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

Things are different now whether you like it or not.

Giant media corporations own all the TV "News" networks. It's "Infotainment" not news and it will never be real news because the "good old days" of Walter Cronkite iare gone. Back then there was a clear separation between business interests and news. When Reagan quit enforcing the Fairness Doctrine in 85 things changed.

The Internet is the only real source for news and that requires getting your information from many sources to get the facts.

• Paul Secic, sigma1914 and ClimateHawk like this

Panasonic Viera VT-50
Denon AVR-3805
PS3 w/DNS-323 as Home Media Server

#15 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Things are different now whether you like it or not.

Giant media corporations own all the TV "News" networks. It's "Infotainment" not news and it will never be real news because the "good old days" of Walter Cronkite iare gone. Back then there was a clear separation between business interests and news. When Reagan quit enforcing the Fairness Doctrine in 85 things changed.

The Internet is the only real source for news and that requires getting your information from many sources to get the facts.

Right here is were you hit the core!

This is what started the conservative radio dominance....Now the powers at be let them tell the listeners, not only what they want to hear, but also how to follow....

There have been some great books on this...Its human nature to follow and not be a free thinker...

Do you remember the days when people actually loved there government? Cant do that now.... How about out of control spending? Its been going on for 40 years....All the sudden its a problem...It is a very interesting concept and working quit well !

The first time in history and we started 2 wars instead of raising taxes, we lowered them?

Now these are pure facts nothing to even argue about...But silly enough people will..... The only way to fix a debt is to pay more...In the same hat spending wont fix it either...

But people get huge money to tell you what to think and who to hate....It very sick and that's the climate now.... Newsmax will be funded by a small handful of people...

That's what it is now, and you and I are the ones who will pay.....

• sigma1914 and ClimateHawk like this

#16 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

RT 280 is a pretty good news channel , I am not sure if it is truth or lie? 

Most PBS stations carry BBC News before Charlie Rose Talk Show.

Over here in America, we need a newsy news  channel with no politics and no special interest groups news.

#17 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,879 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

RT 280 is a pretty good news channel , I am not sure if it is truth or lie?

RT is the network where an anchor quit on air because the Russian Government was telling her how to not cover Crimea.

As for Newsmax, it's the same company who buys banner ads asking you to vote in online polls about political issues, only to restrict you from voting in their poll unless you sign up for their newsletter...

#18 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

Let's get back to DBS related issues regarding this new channel.  Specifically, will it be in HD or not?  Paul thinks it's not gonna be in HD and I still would like to know where that information is.  I can't even find the channel number it's going to be on.

Enqueuing minds want to know!

Edited by Michael P, 12 June 2014 - 04:13 PM.

An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#19 OFFLINE   mwdxer

mwdxer

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts
  • LocationSeaside Oregon

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

BBC World along with CNN International are both on the Roku. MSNBC is good for Left Politics, but at times they are as bad at Fox for Right Politics. Sometimes I wonder if there is any news service for a moderate?

• AZ. likes this

#20 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:29 PM

Michael P

Posted Today, 04:13 PM

Let's get back to DBS related issues regarding this new channel.  Specifically, will it be in HD or not?  Paul thinks it's not gonna be in HD and I still would like to know where that information is.  I can't even find the channel number it's going to be on.

Enqueuing minds want to know!

-------------

I also can't find Channel number updates. Looked at Topix-Dish network, Dish website, Newsmax website. Possibility they could be at one of the following open channels 201, 204, 207, 208  or 213. I also don't know time of day of when they turn signal on Monday. I did see in Newsmax site's Dish agreement article, they will start the 24/7 network with 9  hours of live programming, and expanding to 18 live shows by years end. Rest of time , I am clueless what will happen.  I hope that the news blocks are scheduled better than competitors. 

spam firewall