Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cant add any RVU samsung tvs.. .help

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pjwinstalls

pjwinstalls

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

I have one genie HR44 and 3 new Samsung h6350 series tvs.  The RVUs are already activated on my acct.  The tvs see the hr44 and they ask for the pin #.  After i put the pin # in i get the following message.....

diagnostic code 54-794

Home Network interference problem

Set top box server has experienced an error and is unable to test the network.  Please try restarting the server.   

This comes up on all 3 of the samsung tvs.....

I called directv, they have no idea.

any suggestions??

Thanks

Philip

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,236 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

How is your HRR44 connected to the internet ?

How are the RVUs connected to your network? 

there  was a post like yours not too long ago and the fix was to use a DECA BB instead of directly connecting the HR44 with ethernet.  YMMV

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   royrdsjr

royrdsjr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

I have one genie HR44 and 3 new Samsung h6350 series tvs.  The RVUs are already activated on my acct.  The tvs see the hr44 and they ask for the pin #.  After i put the pin # in i get the following message.....

diagnostic code 54-794

Set top box server has experienced an error and is unable to test the network.  Please try restarting the server.   

any suggestions??

Thanks

Philip

Are you using a Cinema Connection Kit with Power Supply to connect your TV's to your Genie via DECA? I'm using this link to show you what I'm talking about http://www.solidsign...ku=700112818769 .

#4 OFFLINE   knoxbh

knoxbh

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:31 AM

Getting Samsung Directv-Ready TV tomorrow.  Received the Deca-BB adapter from Directv last week. It came with a power supply & the regular Deca unit (Deca with Ethernet plug, connection for the TV input, and the other end of the Deca unit to connect to the satellite outlet from the wall.  The other 2 receivers we have using the Deca unit do not have a power supply.  Can I assume that I do not need to use the power supply?  And besides, I see no way to connect the power supply since it only has one cable input on it and no output connections.

Thanks for your help.

Finally made 86 - looking forward to 87!!

#5 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,084 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

Normally the DIRECTV receiver powers a DECA via the satellite coax connection. Since you're connecting to a TV you do need the power supply to power the DECA.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#6 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,236 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

Getting Samsung Directv-Ready TV tomorrow. Received the Deca-BB adapter from Directv last week. It came with a power supply & the regular Deca unit (Deca with Ethernet plug, connection for the TV input, and the other end of the Deca unit to connect to the satellite outlet from the wall. The other 2 receivers we have using the Deca unit do not have a power supply. Can I assume that I do not need to use the power supply? And besides, I see no way to connect the power supply since it only has one cable input on it and no output connections.

Thanks for your help.

the satellite feed goes to "towards LNB" PORT. Power connects to the short coax jumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#7 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,901 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

diagnostic code 54-794

any suggestions??

Thanks

Philip

This is most common if trying to connect via ethernet instead of using coax networking, or if the coax line is degraded or non-standard.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   knoxbh

knoxbh

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Maybe I did not fully explain what I have.  I have the whole-home set up with a Genie HR-4400 as the master with 2 receivers and 5 DVRs.  I hope this helps.  Both receivers have a Deca on them on no power adapter.

Finally made 86 - looking forward to 87!!

#9 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,892 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

As RAD said above, you do need to use the power supply to power the DECA, then Ethernet out to your TV.  Normally DECAs are powered by the receiver or DVR connection.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...