Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How do I aim my Slimline 5 dish

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   btexpress

btexpress

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

How do I aim my Slimline 5 dish, it has 4 connectors on the lnb and has 2 single lnb's and one triple lnb.

I also have a Birdog a friend sold me on the cheap.  I will use it to set up a permanent dish at my camp site house, and to use from time to time in an RV.

I have a good pole mount that is in concrete that I will carry with me in the RV, it anchors to the ground with steel rods, the pole is adjustable to get it plumb.

I have Dish Pointer Pro on my phone I use for LOS. 

I use to use a single lnb dish but that was SD, I want to get HD on my HR21-100, so I got the 5 lnb dish and all of the mounting hardware. I just need to know the step by step process to aim it and have it get all 5 tuned in.

Thanks in advance

Bob

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,602 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

This is the process set forth by DirecTV 

Alignment:
Set Azimuth, Elevation and Tilt based on the customers Zip Code

Rough peak the Azimuth pointing at the 101 satellite location by obtaining the highest possible signal level on your signal level meter, with the azimuth rough aligned, tighten the mast clamp bolts.
Using the Azimuth screw bolt, turn clock wise and counter clock wise until you get the highest signal level on the 101 satellite.
Using the Elevation screw bolt, turn clock wise and counter clock wise until you get the highest signal level on the 101 satellite.
Record the signal level for 101, Set the Elevation plastic dial to zero.
Using the Elevation screw bolt, turn 2 full turns counter clock wise, record the signal level. Rotate the bolt clockwise counting the number of turns until the same signal level is reached. Divide this number of turns by 2, turn the Elevation plastic dial to zero.
Rotate the Elevation screw counter clock wise by the divided number of turns, tighten the Elevation bolts down.
The signal level should be the same or higher than with your rough alignment.
Record the signal level for 101, Set the Azimuth plastic dial to zero.
Using the Azimuth screw bolt, turn 2 full turns counter clock wise, record the signal level.
Rotate the bolt clockwise counting the number of turns until the same signal level is reached. Divide this number of turns by 2, turn the Azimuth plastic dial to zero.
Rotate the Azimuth screw counter clock wise by the divided number of turns, tighten the Azimuth bolts down. The signal level should be the same or higher than with your rough alignment.
Check all nuts and bolts and make sure they are tightened to specification. Pay close attention to the LNB lock down bolts. They must be installed wrench tight to prevent LNB movement.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   b52pooh

b52pooh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

And don't forget the b-band converters (2) for the satellite inputs on the HR21. You will need those to get HD.

spam firewall