Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ESPN3 Via Internet But Not Dish

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

So what's the deal with this email that I got yesterday:

Subject: ESPN3 - Not on your TV, but on every device you own

You now have access to ESPN3 online at WatchESPN.com and via the Watch ESPN app on your smartphone and tablet. ESPN3 provides thousands of live events over the Internet for DISH customers including NCAA football and basketball, plus coverage of the world's top sports. And it's all included with your DISH service on your computer, smartphone or tablet.

I don't remember ever being able to watch a channel via my Dish login online but not having it through my dish.

Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

db2 antennna in attic for both VIP622s

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   anex80

anex80

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

ESPN3 is an Internet-only channel. It's not available on anyone's TV.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#3 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

Had no idea.  Thanks.

Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

db2 antennna in attic for both VIP622s

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

#4 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

Sometimes, ESPN, will send the ESPN3 feed to one of its channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPNNEws), if there is some kind of conflict with scheduling. For example, a football game running over, because of weather issues. But, other than that, ESPN is exclusively an internet based  service.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

There are a lot of games (particularly college sports) that they don't have a channel for, but they have an extra production team... so several years back they launched the ESPN3 online "channel" to broadcast those games.  You're not generally going to find "gotta watch" content here... but if you are an uber-fan and want to watch all of your team's games, you might find a game or two early in the season that are relegated to ESPN3.

I hadn't checked, but I actually thought this already was true shortly after we got the WatchESPN features once Dish/Disney agreed to the new contract a while back.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

spam firewall