Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Updating credit card on Dish website

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   poeppe

poeppe

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

I am trying to update my Credit Card info on the Dish website, all I need to do is enter a new expiration date.

When I change the expiration date the site blanks out all the other info and will not let me choose Discover Card again.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Does Dish have a problem with Discover Card?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

I am trying to update my Credit Card info on the Dish website, all I need to do is enter a new expiration date.

When I change the expiration date the site blanks out all the other info and will not let me choose Discover Card again.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Does Dish have a problem with Discover Card?

If I remember the whole thing is very outdated? Think you have to put all the info in again....And you will be forced to pay your bill at that time to make the changes you need....It was so 1990's when I had to due it 6 months ago!

#3 OFFLINE   GravelChan

GravelChan

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

If I remember the whole thing is very outdated? Think you have to put all the info in again....And you will be forced to pay your bill at that time to make the changes you need....It was so 1990's when I had to due it 6 months ago!

If I remember right it works like the following.

You can't change it if there is an unpaid bill (not due yet but unpaid), in other words wait until they bill your credit card.   Then you have until the next bill is issued to change it.    If the card is past what they have listed as an expiration date then you will wind up

getting charged for both the current and next billing.   I think I just entered a different card and that is what happened, maybe you can just enter all info for the current card but you will still wind up paying the current and next billing at the same time.

#4 ONLINE   poeppe

poeppe

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:21 AM

I would have re-entered everything but it won't let me select Discover Card. 

Visa, MasterCard, NYCE, Star and Pulse (never heard of the last three) are in the list but not Discover.

Edited by poeppe, 18 June 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Pete K.

Pete K.

Icon

• Registered
  • 776 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

Discover is not on the list of cards they accept, or at least it is not in the drop down list.

Edited by Pete K., 18 June 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#6 ONLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,597 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

DISH stopped allowing the registration of AmEx and Discover cards a while back. You can enter the numbers and expiration dates for either under one of the other cards for one-time payments, but it may validate the card number if you're using autopay.

I've had no trouble using my Costco card to do one-time payments.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#7 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 732 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

Yeah,

I've forgotten what I did at the time, but I can honestly say Dish [ out of all my auto-pays] is the most difficult auto-pay to update.[ mine was only a expiration date as well] I believe I tried to do it by phone, but I was told CSR's have no access to that info, fine, put me through to billing, same answer [ and this was a few years ago] 

Why can't they make it easier for you to pay? Very backwards, I think. For a company that tries to be costumer friendly, they NEED to fix this.

Are you reading this, DISH?

chris

#8 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

I've always used Discover but I do recall a problem last time I updated expiration.  I believe I called them and the CSR did the update for me.  Have a few more years before I have to deal with that again.

spam firewall