Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

GenieGo Cannot download or play some shows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

I have 4 HRs (20, 21, 24 and 34) and 1 geniego.  All are are the same subnet.  I have the genigo app on my PC and my Android tablet.  On either device I can download or watch some shows and others I cannot.  It is not HR specific, on any of the 4 HRs some shows work and some do not.  I have tried resetting all the HRs and the 2 minute reset on the Geniego and still the same problem with the same shows.  And the ones that work and the ones that do not are the same on either the PC or the tablet.  One thing I have not tried to verify is if some of the HRs have all recordings working for download because there are 2 many on each HR for me to try them all.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,873 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 21 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

By chance is your HR24-500?

That has been known to be a problem with GenieGO.

If you are having problems with other HR's you will need to do some testing on each HR and let us know.

#3 OFFLINE   Leftcoastdave

Leftcoastdave

Legend

• Registered
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

There is a fix to the HR24-500 GenieGo bug.  Call DIRECTV tech support and ask for the GenieGo support desk.  They walked me thru a simple procedure to correct the HR24 problem.

Also of  note is that certain moble devices (Android phones and Android tablets mostly, pc's not so much) do not work with GG. The support staff will claim that many devices are not supported but in reality will admit the problem is two fold.  First there are too many tabs and phones to test.  And second content providers are paranoid about piracy and are doing everything they cann to deny mobile devices access to premium content.

YMMV but trial and error reveals that Android 4.2.2 flat out does not work w/GG, or at least it didn't back in April when I tried it.

Good luck.

Ut Prosim

#4 OFFLINE   JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

The 24 is a HR24-500.  My tablet is a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Android 4.4.2 wi-fi only and seems to be working the same as the geniego app on the PC.  I say seems because I just got the geniego a few days ago so not a lot of time to use it yet.  I have not tried using the tablet outside of my home network yet either. 

I will give DirecTV support a call about the HR24-500 fix. Thanks for that info. 

#5 OFFLINE   twaller

twaller

Legend

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

What is the fix for HR24-500? It's playlist won't show in my GenieGo

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

#6 OFFLINE   prushing

prushing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Some things are not downloadable. Length, protected content (premium content, PPV, etc), OTA recordings have issues or won't work.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

spam firewall