Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Using the H24 receiver and Winegard Carryout MP1 portable satellite

No Signal to receiver using MP1 Or Older 3 LNB 18X 20 portable Multi-Satellite

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Buddy Bass

Buddy Bass

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • Locationcallahan fl

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

Hello Looking for help, been reading some of the posting trying to find an answer without having to ask ,I Have a New 2H Receiver I want to use in my camper ,But Can't seem to get it to work with a new Winegard MP1 using just the coax from the LNB To The Rec , So I hooked it up to an older 3 LNB 18 X 20 muilt satellite Dish I had laying around and came up with the same problem  "No Signal To receiver" ,I'll only be using the one Rec and one cable coming from the MP1 while Camping ,  I notice that the MP1 has 2 F-fittings  with a 75 ohm terminator on one of them.  But only came with the one 50ft cable  I only plan on using the one Rec,  I'm wondering if I'm not getting any signal because I don't have the line power supply ,between rec and ant or am I missing one of the other devices I have been reading about on here. In The olden days all the Rec  powered the LNB , one other thing I went into the setting and found and change it to  the 3 LNB 18 X 20 dish was one of the  choices but changing the switch setting was only  multiswitch or SWM !!!!           any suggestions

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,285 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

in order for the change over from SWM to "legacy" system, you need a working (aligned) dish otherwise the settings wont take.  So you will need to align the dish first and once you have a signal you can proceed with changing the receivers settings 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:34 PM

Since the Wineguard MP1 is not SWM you probably need a B-Band Converter (BBC) to make things work. (Even Camping World has these for sale.)

And when you make your dish selection just use the 18" single LNB selection.

Edited by BobStokesbary, 05 July 2014 - 09:36 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,861 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

in order for the change over from SWM to "legacy" system, you need a working (aligned) dish otherwise the settings wont take.  So you will need to align the dish first and once you have a signal you can proceed with changing the receivers settings

Or you can reset everything... That should let you set the dish type.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 ONLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,285 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Or you can reset everything... That should let you set the dish type.

The “the problem” is not setting the dish type, you can change it (the receiver will let you change it, as long as there is no SWM connected) the problem would be getting those new settings to take, which they wont unless the receiver gets pass the checking your installation screen.

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: No Signal to, receiver, using MP1 Or Older, 3 LNB 18X 20 portable, Multi-Satellite

spam firewall