Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Does every deal require autopay and paperless?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

By auto-paying my Dish bill to my JetBlue American Express card, I get about 1800 miles/year. I put my cell phone and many other regular, repeating bills on that card (Vonage, home insurance, etc) - heck I'd put my mortgage on it if I could get away with it (and that would be another 18,000 miles/year). Makes for one easy web-based payment. I've had the card for a couple of years and already I've gotten a free Boston-Long Beach round trip for my wife and I and I have enough miles now for another one (or one round trip to Hawaii but my wife wouldn't like me leaving without her!).

Good incentive active for these paying services.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB using DBSTalk mobile app

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle

Legend

• Registered
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

I have been paperless and auto pay with my credit card since way back.

I log into my Dish account each month and save the pdf of each bill to a specific folder on my hard drive, I do a weekly backup of my hard drive and I have never had a problem with auto pay.

I don't ever recall receiving my bill via email.

My Capital one card reminds me 7 days before my bill is due each month but don't have to worry about it because of auto pay.

That would happen to me. The bill would arrive by email and I would overlook that I received the bill. That is why I like the bill being sent to me.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB using DBSTalk mobile app

#23 OFFLINE   tenwinecans

tenwinecans

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

He works for the paper industry that's what's wrong with paperless billing. I'd expect people who work for the Post Office to also want a paper bill delivered to their home.

I work for the electrical company so I sure hope people watch more TV and use more internet(PCs consume electricity as well)   

#24 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

I have my checking account set up in Quicken and it reminds me every month which bills are due when.

I never rely on the companies involved to bill me, also my Mint app from Capital one sends me reminders, all my bill paying is with the computer and everything I can pay with a credit card I do pay with one, or two or three and I either always pay them off every month or I take them up on an offer of 18 months no interest to pay for things like a 10 day trip to the Holy Lands Last year.

I haven't paid credit cars interest in nearly 10 years and they give me free stuff for borrowing interest free money from them.

I have gotten 2 PS3s, and a $850 Sony Alpha camera with my Playstation card in about 5 or 6 years - didn't even pay shipping.

About every 4-5 months I get at least $100 off of my Bank of America bill from rewards.

If they make the rules I can learn to live by them, I guess it's a little but like being a welfare queen, but they make the rules.

Yes, I know somebody has to pay for it, but if they offer it to me free, I'll let the other suckers pay for it.

We even have an "insurance" policy through our bank that pays us $150 for each doctors office visit you make limited to one per month, and the policy costs us $25 per month - it pays the $150 even if the bill is less than that, I'll take that, too.

Edited by Jim5506, 30 June 2014 - 10:29 PM.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#25 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,462 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

You might not rely on your bills to pay them per se... but I assume you are reading/checking them for accuracy.  Even if you know what your bill should be and when it is due so you can pay it whether you get a bill in the mail (or email) or not... it still behooves you to make sure they are charging what you expect to be charged... so it still matters how you get the bill.  To that end, a paper bill is better proof than an e-bill if there are problems.  Sometimes computer glitches happen and companies will deny things... but if you have the paper in your hands it is hard to refute that.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#26 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

I wanted to add depending on how the receiver is connected via phone or Internet you can check the bill online.

As well by logging into your www.mydish.com account you can see the billing statements and there is a print out option.

spam firewall