Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Eugene Oregon Locals down?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   esepterra

esepterra

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEugene Oregon

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

Does anyone know if the Eugene Oregon locals are down? I get a message in black in white saying they are aware of the issue and will make them available as soon as possible I contacted Dish and got the biggest run around with this. I plan on keeping dish but am worried this a tactic to get you to quit your contract so you get early termination fees. I hope they come back on. I called the installer and asked him if he was having local issues on any dish network equipment he installed today.

Please Help.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,418 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

If you're getting an art card/slate, they're probably having troubles with reception from the local channels. This should not be construed as a "tactic".

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#3 OFFLINE   Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:00 PM

Does anyone know if the Eugene Oregon locals are down? I get a message in black in white saying they are aware of the issue and will make them available as soon as possible I contacted Dish and got the biggest run around with this. I plan on keeping dish but am worried this a tactic to get you to quit your contract so you get early termination fees. I hope they come back on. I called the installer and asked him if he was having local issues on any dish network equipment he installed today.

Please Help.

I have check current channel issues and I did not see anything for the Eugene Oregon area. Would you please DM me w/ the phone number on the account to better help you?

Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:10 PM

Last night around midnight mountain time, all locals for Colorado Springs  went down. Nothing on the screen, no messages, and no one today in my area mentioned it. I even did a receiver reset , with no improvement. Locals were on this morning when i powered dish on. I also tested my rabbit ear last night and locals were on there, so I am guessing that somewhere in the dish service had a problem. 

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,418 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

Last night around midnight mountain time, all locals for Colorado Springs  went down. Nothing on the screen, no messages, and no one today in my area mentioned it.

It may have had something to do with the tropical storm blowing through.

That nobody else noticed may suggest that nobody else was watching local TV at midnight.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   BobCulp

BobCulp

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

My locals all morning today, have been freezing. That is losing audio and will come back on. All other channels are fine, so I will not blame dish for obstruction. It's a great day here, no rain or other possible problems. 

Do locals have a weaker signal than other channels?

#7 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,418 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

Do locals have a weaker signal than other channels?

Typically, no.

Are you talking about HD or SD locals? HD comes from 129W and SD comes from 110W.

What dish(es) (please be specific) are you outfitted with?

#8 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

Locals are on spot beams which are usually slightly stronger than conus beams.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#9 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,418 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:30 PM

Locals are on spot beams which are usually slightly stronger than conus beams.

Who told you that fib?

#10 OFFLINE   Dax

Dax

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

Standard def. locals in the Louisville, KY viewing area froze up briefly right before midnight, then about 30 minutes later suddenly they were all showing CBS.  After a few minutes they got ABC back to normal, but it's been almost an hour and all other locals are still CBS. 

Edited by Dax, 25 September 2014 - 11:39 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

Who told you that fib?

That was my observation.  Especially while I had WA, spot beams that I was inside almost always ran 10-15 points higher than conus.

Of course those that I was outside of were always lower than conus, mostly ZERO!.

Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...