Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Getting more range out of Joey Remote...?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Anyone ever figure out how to get more range out of Joey Remote? Last I read it was move it closer....

Thank you and
Best of luck

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

Not sure what to tell ya. I have touched the remote to the Joey and still had problems. So . . .

#3 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 900 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

Not sure what to tell ya. I have touched the remote to the Joey and still had problems. So . . .

And I thought I had a problem.......

Thank you and
Best of luck

#4 OFFLINE   zerdian1

zerdian1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts
  • Locationsouth florida

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:25 PM

Someone from Dish Advanced Tech Team can correct me, but in my experience in the last two years with the Hoppers and Joeys and 8 years with Dish and Dish remotes:

the Joey remote turns the Joey on and off

the Joey remote turn the TV on and off and controls the volume.

but I believe that most of the picture related details are controlled in the Hopper.

I have found that if I block the Joey remote from the Hopper it does not seem to work as well.

if I have a relatively clear path to the Hopper the Joey remote works fine.

The Joey is probably supposed to relay the remote signal to the Hopper but that function doesn't seem to always work.

I am going to test if I have the Joey remote close to the Hopper. does it control the Joey TV better.

the test worked well after turning on the Joey and TV i walked 4 rooms away to its linked Hopper and controlled the picture functions by pointing the Hopper.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,705 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

Anything you are noticing with regards to proximity or line-of-sight to the Hopper with your Joey remote functions are either coincidental OR due to some interference in the room.

The Joey remote only controls the Joey. In fact, the Hopper can be in standby when you are using the Joey.  There isn't any relaying of remote commands to the Hopper or any control of the Hopper directly using the Joey remote.

It is true that the tuners and DVR functions are in the Hopper...  but when you press a button on the Joey remote, it "asks" the Hopper via the MoCA network (the internal network between the Hopper and Joey) to serve the video or to set a timer or whatever.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...