Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

HR34 unresponsive since latest update

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JerseyBoy

JerseyBoy

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Since the latest update on 6/10 my HR34 frequently, but not always, takes up to 2 minutes to respond to a button press on the remote.  If I keep pressing buttons on the remote sometimes when it finally begins to respond again it will do all or most the commands as though they had been queued up but sometimes it only does whatever the 1st button press was.  When it is in this state the video and audio continue to play normally.  I have tried both a RBR and a power cycle but the problem is still there. 

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   stroh

stroh

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

I have the same problem and it really posses me off. It is so bad I'm thinking of leaving DTV after nearly 20 years with them.

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,859 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Try pressing the Exit button on the remote until you hear the bonk sound and then try to do things with the remote.

This clears out the interactive stuff like the scoreboard and weather or the multi channel broadcast like 205.

If that does not work, try the CLEARMYBOX search and choose Keyword. Then let it do it's thing. It is like a Reset but for some reason it cleans out a lot of data that appears to be there that is not supposed to be. Several have had good luck using it.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   MrMichael

MrMichael

• Registered
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPurcellville, VA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

Same thing here.  Its VERY bad.  We'll turn the tv on and the channel will be showing something we don't want our 3 year old to see, but we can't do anything because the box isn't responding to remote key presses so we have to yell at her to cover her eyes while we sit there and wait.  Horrible experience.

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,908 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

The CLEARMYBOX search, or rebooting twice in a row, should help with this a lot.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,859 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:27 AM

Same thing here.  Its VERY bad.  We'll turn the tv on and the channel will be showing something we don't want our 3 year old to see, but we can't do anything because the box isn't responding to remote key presses so we have to yell at her to cover her eyes while we sit there and wait.  Horrible experience.

You can go into Parental Controls and set the ratings that are allowed to be shown on the TV. That should stop the unwanted programs.

Turning the TV off will make it go away also and you can change the channel on the receiver while the picture is off.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#7 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

Same problem here.   I've had my HR34 for about a year and always see people complaining about how slow the HR-34 was but I never thought it was that bad.  But this interface freeze up since the last update is REALLY annoying.   I'll try CLEARMYBOX and see if it helps.   Hopefully they fix the issue in the next release.    Oh, I'm also getting interface freeze ups on the C-31 clients.

Edited by clueless, 01 July 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   scottb8888

scottb8888

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Same problem here.  Although I just added C41's to the system.  I thought that caused the unresponsiveness.  Maybe not.  I do remember family complaining before that.

#9 OFFLINE   MrMichael

MrMichael

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

You can go into Parental Controls and set the ratings that are allowed to be shown on the TV. That should stop the unwanted programs.

Turning the TV off will make it go away also and you can change the channel on the receiver while the picture is off.

Won't do anything if its on CNN or some normal station and they show some movie trailer or a trailer for a network show that is on later at night.  A lot of that is not appropriate for kids and nothing we can do about it.  Fox seems to be especially bad.

I did a CLEARMYBOX this afternoon, we'll see if it helps.

#10 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,908 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

I have spoken to my counterparts in DIRECTV Engineering and if you want to help diagnose this issue, here's a way you can tell them what's going on.

Do a KEYWORD search for SENDREPORT and post the report code that it gives you in this thread.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#11 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

I have spoken to my counterparts in DIRECTV Engineering and if you want to help diagnose this issue, here's a way you can tell them what's going on.

Do a KEYWORD search for SENDREPORT and post the report code that it gives you in this thread.

The key displayed was 20140701-3529

#12 OFFLINE   MrMichael

MrMichael

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

Seems as if CLEARMYBOX helped a lot.  Haven't had issues since I did it yesterday afternoon.  Will see if it stays stable.

#13 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,859 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

Seems as if CLEARMYBOX helped a lot.  Haven't had issues since I did it yesterday afternoon.  Will see if it stays stable.

Excellent. Glad it is working for you.

I wish we had a list of what all that does to a receiver.

#14 OFFLINE   clueless

clueless

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

After I did the SENDREPORT I did a CLEARMYBOX and so far so good. Thanks for the assistance.

#15 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,380 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

Do you think it does more than the d

Excellent. Glad it is working for you.

I wish we had a list of what all that does to a receiver.

Do you think it does more than the double reboot?

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#16 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,859 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:25 PM

Do you think it does more than the d

Do you think it does more than the double reboot?

I do but it is just a gut feeling and have nothing to back it up with.

#17 OFFLINE   scottb8888

scottb8888

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

Ok, I seem kinda dumb here...  am I doing these keyword searches on my HR34 or on this site  :)

• damondlt likes this

#18 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,859 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

Ok, I seem kinda dumb here...  am I doing these keyword searches on my HR34 or on this site  :)

On the HR34.

Menu, Search & Browse, type in CLEARMYBOX, choose Keyword and press Select and let it do it's thing.

#19 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

Ok, I seem kinda dumb here... am I doing these keyword searches on my HR34 or on this site :)

LOL, not dumb. Sometimes we forget to specify.

Blue Ridge Communticatons

HD Basic Plus, HBO, Cinemax,Starz /Encore

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus analog Bedroom 5 and 6

G15 Internet

#20 OFFLINE   scottb8888

scottb8888

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

LOL, not dumb. Sometimes we forget to specify.

Thanks!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...