Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

well it is happening...i am going to come back

returning to Directv

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,735 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

an HDDVR is currently running  at $199.00

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,908 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

So, if when I make my switch in the next couple of months back to DTV (from Dish) I get the Genie and a couple of minis, and then later find out I would be better off with a Genie, HD DVR, and mini - i.e. later I want to switch a mini for an HDDVR - how hard will that be and how much will they charge? I am feel like there's a decent chance I could get them to throw in the HDDVR in the place of the Mini when I call about coming back, but the two minis sound like the most streamlined approach as long as I don't run into a situation where I wish I had the extra storage and tuners.

Well with a new 2-yr commitment in their pocket from you, my guess - full price $199.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#23 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:23 AM

They might want that now anyway for a HD DVR.

#24 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,925 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

Well with a new 2-yr commitment in their pocket from you, my guess - full price $199.

A two year contract doesn't mean much if he does it only after a few months, it just adds a few months. It's not like it tags a contract on at the end of the current one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#25 OFFLINE   tpayne105

tpayne105

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

Hello all.  Thank you again for your responses.  The install happened today, rather flawlessly.  Now I am just working on figuring out the ins and outs of the new Genie.  I will in time figure it out.  I will ask this:

On the skip back (the curvy C with an arrow)....how much time do you go back in time?

On the forward arrow with the straight line (on the right side of the curvy arrow).....how much time do you go forward? 

I hope I am making sense.  And where would this information be anyway?  

Thanks!

#26 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

7 seconds back and 30 seconds forward. If you do a keyword search for 30skip you switch it to a real skip, and 30slip takes it back to the slip you have now for that button.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...