Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Western Arc & Fort Wayne Locals

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

Was just in a rather exrtended chat that began with an attempt to have a tech come and check our recent increasing signal loss issues from 129 here in Huntington, Indiana. We have Dish looking at 100, 119 and 129. The chat person found a prompt on the account that we needed to be changed to the Western Arc, 72 and 61.5 because our locals are migrating there. So, avoided any cost in relation to the tech visit and get two new HD receivers in place of the two of our four that aren't. And i assume a new dish looking towards 72 and 61.5 which we had before with no issues. Just better lines of sight that direction here. This all sound right to everyone?

Edited by John W, 27 June 2014 - 07:46 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   RBA

RBA

Godfather

• Registered
  • 428 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

110/119/129 is the Western Arc, 61.5/72.7 &77 is the Eastern Arc.  Eastern Arc most of the time is only 61.5 & 72.7 unless 77 is needed for local channels.  EA requires MPEG4 so you need HD receivers.

• John W likes this

#3 OFFLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

110/119/129 is the Western Arc, 61.5/72.7 &77 is the Eastern Arc.  Eastern Arc most of the time is only 61.5 & 72.7 unless 77 is needed for local channels.  EA requires MPEG4 so you need HD receivers.

OK, so just backwards from what the chat person said although they specificaly mentioned 61.5 and 72. Thank you.

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,326 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

There have been a lot of markets duplicated on the Eastern Arc with more being added.
"Migration" will take time to replace all the 110-119-129 dishes. I suppose at some point (if "migration" is happening) the locals will leave Western Arc but I do not recall that happening to any market yet.

It seems to be more of a duplication than a move.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,261 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

I do know that customers in the Fort Wayne DMA are being told that they will have to move to EARC or they will lose their locals. Of course I haven't heard of any definite timetable at this point though.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

Protected By... spam firewall...And...