Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

How to setup HR24-200 to wireless network?

hr24-200 hr24-500 wireless

Best Answer dok1128 , 09 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

Hey, guys! I was able to fix my problem. Here is what I did.

1. I got rid of the DECA1MR0-01 Connected Home Adapter (white box).

2. In Room 1 where my router is located, I used a splitter to connect the satellite cable then two coax cables to connect to HR24-500 DVR and the CCK (black box DECA Broadband Adapter DECABB1MR0-01).

3. I then used an ethernet cable to connect to my router and the other end to the CCK.

4. Another ethernet cable to connect to my router and the other end to HR24-500 DVR.

The CCK was able to obtain an IP address from my router (wired network).

And in my living room, on the HR24-200 DVR i went through the network setup and choose Wireless. It is now able to connect to the internet through the CCK!

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post. I hope others who have this issue will find the above solution helpfull.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dok1128

dok1128

• Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

I was wondering if someone can walk me through on how to setup my HR24-200 DVR to my wireless network at home.

My router is in Room 1 that has a HR24-500 DVR. The HR24-500 is connected to my router via ethernet cable. My router comes with a wireless network and it is setup in the house. All my devices in the house connect to my router via the wireless network. Only Room 1 has the option to connect to the router using an ethernet cable.

The HR24-500 DVR in Room 1 was a replacement for an old DirecTV DVR that broke. The old DirecTV DVR that broke had a DECA Broadband adapter that I believe was used to give wireless access to the HR24-200 DVR in the living room previously.

The HR24-200 DVR in the living room has no option to connect to the router using an ethernet cable. Only available option is to connect to the my wireless network.

Any assistance is appreciated!  :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,986 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

DECA is "just" a coax network, so if you had an adapter on your old DVR, for it to connect wirelessly, there either had to be another DECA that was Wireless, or that adapter was a WCCK DECA. If it was a WCCK, then you can use it for the HR24-200 to bridge wireless to your router.

"Step One" is to find out what that DECA adapter is and if you still have it.

A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,289 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

The HR24-500 DVR in Room 1 was a replacement for an old DirecTV DVR that broke.

I will go a step further.  what was the model number of the DVR that was replaced by the "new" HR24?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   dok1128

dok1128

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:46 AM

I believe it was a HR20. I wanted to upload pictures of the DECA units to this post but I can't see the option to attach it to this reply. I only see a button for "Image" and it asks me for URL. How can I attach a picture to my post/reply? Sorry, I am a newbie to this forum.  :)

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,399 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

You'll want to restore the system to the way it was before less the DECA adapter that was connected directly to back the HR20.

As VOS (and DDIRECTV in their latest ad campaign) points out, coax is NOT "wireless".

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,295 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

Nor does it need to be. Wired is better than wireless unless the latter is all you can manage. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,986 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

I believe it was a HR20. I wanted to upload pictures of the DECA units to this post but I can't see the option to attach it to this reply. I only see a button for "Image" and it asks me for URL. How can I attach a picture to my post/reply? Sorry, I am a newbie to this forum.  :)

aCapture.PNG

In the lower right is a tab with "more reply options" and that brings up the screen in this picture

A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,295 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

I think one needs five posts in order to put up images.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#9 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,289 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:18 PM

The HR24-200 DVR in the living room 

out of curiosity press the dash button on this HR24, does the message says "Internet connected"

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#10 OFFLINE   dok1128

dok1128

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

These are the pictures

Attached Thumbnails

• DECABB1MR0-01-bottom.JPG
  • DECA1MR0-01.JPG
  • DECABB1MR0-01-top.JPG
  • splitter.JPG

#11 OFFLINE   dok1128

dok1128

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:46 PM   Best Answer

2. In Room 1 where my router is located, I used a splitter to connect the satellite cable then two coax cables to connect to HR24-500 DVR and the CCK (black box DECA Broadband Adapter DECABB1MR0-01).

3. I then used an ethernet cable to connect to my router and the other end to the CCK.

4. Another ethernet cable to connect to my router and the other end to HR24-500 DVR.

The CCK was able to obtain an IP address from my router (wired network).

And in my living room, on the HR24-200 DVR i went through the network setup and choose Wireless. It is now able to connect to the internet through the CCK!

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post. I hope others who have this issue will find the above solution helpfull.

#12 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,289 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

You were good until step #3 then it went "down hill"  remove the ethernet cable from HR24 and do a Red Button Reset.  This will get this HR24 to join the coax network.  BTW, the second HR24 is getting internet from the coax network using the CCK, not wireless 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...