Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Yes suing Cablevision

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Tom_S

Tom_S

Icon

• Registered
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 01:48 PM

Ahh, the mysteries of life.

http://money.cnn.com...n_yes/index.htm

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 01:56 PM

Unforunately the only people loosing in this entire war is the Yankee fans.

Baseball is no longer about the game or the fans, its about the money. Baseball is the American Past time whos time has past.

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin

Kevin

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 06:50 PM

The hell with YES. Cablevision too. Even though I'm a Yankee fan, I'm glad that Dish is standing their ground by not appeasing that fool Steinbrenner. He's more stubborn than trying to move a 3-ton elephant with a broken leg.

#4 OFFLINE   markh

markh

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 29 April 2002 - 09:16 PM

Amazing leap in logic by Hindery. Because David Boies is representing YES and Boies is involved in the Microsoft antitrust lawsuit, therefore this is an antitrust suit, not a contract dispute. Wow.

#5 OFFLINE   pmichael

pmichael

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 07:16 AM

The battle between Cablevision and YES gets more absurd with each passing day. I guess I can start the Watch the Grass Grow channel and sue program distributors when they decide not to carry it.

#6 OFFLINE   Adam Richey

Adam Richey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationKokomo, IN

Posted 30 April 2002 - 07:29 AM

I honestly don't want Dish Network to add YES if it means that my rates are gonna go up. A rather small percentage of customers would be getting it, and yet a large percentage of customers would probably end up making up the difference in cost.
Anybody else wonder just how horrible WWE's "wrestling" is gonna get?

#7 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,927 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 30 April 2002 - 11:36 AM

A $72 million lawsuit for not carrying a channel. HUH?!?!?

Okay, show me in the constitution that we have a right to any channel. I can understand when the multi-channel providers are required to carry channel B in order to carry the desired channel A, but that's contract law. Cablevision just said No.

Professional sports players AND professional sports owners -- unfair to fans!
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#8 OFFLINE   jegrant

jegrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 08:45 PM

Cablevision should just make the same offer to YES that E* did. We'll give you an ala carte channel and you set the price and keep the money.

That way, at least it won't substantially affect rates for those who choose "to respectfully decline the invitation to the hallucination", or "BAH!" as Dogbert would put it. ;)

#9 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,927 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 01 May 2002 - 08:49 PM

Cablevision DID make the a'la carte channel, and YES said no-we want potential eyeballs.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#10 OFFLINE   jegrant

jegrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 10:17 PM

Oh, never mind.

Then it's the same situation, really.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...