Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

has anyone ordered from dishbuys?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   discoliveson

discoliveson

• Registered
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHyde Park,MA.

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

dishbuys.com  is selling hr44 units for $139.00 and was wondering if anyone has ordered from them. I called them and was told not a refurbished unit either. brand new with access card. they say they are authorized by direct tv. limited time only for this price. any feed back would be welcome.  

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:39 AM

Looks legit to me. The fact that PayPal is an option is always a good sign, they guarantee the sale.

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

jump on it before is too late

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   discoliveson

discoliveson

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHyde Park,MA.

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

thanks. I just did.
  • damondlt likes this

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,544 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

I know they have had too good to believe deals before, and someone bought a genie from them, got it and activated it with no issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 OFFLINE   discoliveson

discoliveson

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHyde Park,MA.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

got to say surprised everything went good. got my new hr44-500 in an unmarked box. pack perfectly so no damage could get done. brand spanking new. this unit was manufactured in 4/2014. so happy with it and only cost me 159.99

also got 500.00 total credits from DTV because I was out of contract and asked for it. includes NFL package too.  installer came yesterday. 2 hour job and everything is perfect. paired up with my other dvr which is a hr24-500 ( love those pace products) hooked up threw wifi on hr44 have internet access and whole home access. I know things don't happen like this all the times but I guess I got lucky. if anyone is looking for an hr44 and want to make sure they get one this web site   dishbuys.myshopify.com   has them for 159.00 no one else sells them at that price and brand new. they are also a DTV authorized dealer.

Edited by discoliveson, 06 July 2014 - 06:12 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,846 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

Thanks for the update. This is good information.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

pack perfectly so no damage could get done. brand spanking new. this unit was manufactured in 4/2014. 

Got to say this deal sounds sounds pretty darn good.  Which makes me think, where is the catch.  You said the receiver came in an unmarked box, that is where refurbs boxes comes in....

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#9 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,544 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

And hate to tell you this, if you're a Pace fan, I believe -500 is Humax. Pace is -700.

Sent from my Z10 using DBSTalk mobile app

#10 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

And hate to tell you this, if you're a Pace fan, I believe -500 is Humax. Pace is -700.

The Pace is a better box than the Humax?

#11 OFFLINE   discoliveson

discoliveson

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHyde Park,MA.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

the dtv receiver was in a dtv box that you would get and was sealed. what I mean is they added extra protecting buy putting in a unmarked outer box with extra padding to prevent damage while shipping. it was new not refurb. probably so if it got left at your front door no one would know whats inside. but again it is new, not refurb... sorry meant to say humax.  I did my homework in regards to making sure not a refurb.   you won't find a price lower anywhere.... call them at 1-800-547-9558 they will answer your questions.

#12 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,544 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

The Pace is a better box than the Humax?

Pace has been popular in the past. Only thing I can say about Humax is that there were differences in their 24 in the color space that caused some users issues.

#13 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

Pace has been popular in the past. Only thing I can say about Humax is that there were differences in their 24 in the color space that caused some users issues.

Interesting, thanks for the info. I was considering this as I would certainly like to have the additional tuners but don't want to end up with the HR34 as the consensus seems to be to stay away from it if possible. I'm out of contract(for many, many years) but being locked into another 2 years is not an issue, it's more about the performance of the DVR and if I take up DIRECTV on their free upgrade offer I'd be playing Russian Roulette as to which model I would get, hence the interest in a $150 HR44.

#14 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

About a year ago I ordered an HR44 from Weaknees for $299.  When I called to activate it, I ask if I could get some rebate because I had purchased it in order to guarantee an HR44.   They gave me an instant $100 rebate off my next bill and a $30 per month credit for the next 12 months.  It never hurts to ask.

HR10-250   250G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD 0x0912 AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD 0x0912 AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD 0x0987
DirecTV since 1997

#15 OFFLINE   keenan

keenan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

About a year ago I ordered an HR44 from Weaknees for $299.  When I called to activate it, I ask if I could get some rebate because I had purchased it in order to guarantee an HR44.   They gave me an instant $100 rebate off my next bill and a $30 per month credit for the next 12 months.  It never hurts to ask.

Wow, they actually paid you to upgrade with that deal! :-)

#16 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

the dtv receiver was in a dtv box that you would get and was sealed. what I mean is they added extra protecting buy putting in a unmarked outer box with extra padding to prevent damage while shipping. it was new not refurb. probably so if it got left at your front door no one would know whats inside. but again it is new, not refurb... sorry meant to say humax.  I did my homework in regards to making sure not a refurb.   you won't find a price lower anywhere.... call them at 1-800-547-9558 they will answer your questions.

I'm not sure how it is possible to tell by looking whether a product is new or refurbished. Sure, it is obvious if there is damage like some scratches or something, but if it was well taken care of there wouldn't be any way to know the difference if the refurbishment involved cleaning it and resetting it to factory defaults.

This is true with any CE product you buy, and while legally a company can't sell you a refurbished product without stating that, when you get a replacement under warranty or you're leasing as you do from Directv, they have no obligation to tell the customer. If your three month old laptop breaks and you get sent a replacement, it might be new, it might be refurbished, and there's often no way you could tell the difference. The fine print in most warranties states that they can send you a refurbished replacement without having to tell you.

Perhaps the installers know of a way to tell with Directv, some code on the box or a sticker that is always added to a receiver when it is refurbished?

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL 3xSWM16, 21 H20-100, 1 H20-600, 7 H24-700/AM21

#17 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

I'm not sure how it is possible to tell by looking whether a product is new or refurbished. Sure, it is obvious if there is damage like some scratches or something, but if it was well taken care of there wouldn't be any way to know the difference if the refurbishment involved cleaning it and resetting it to factory defaults.

Perhaps the installers know of a way to tell with Directv, some code on the box or a sticker that is always added to a receiver when it is refurbished?

Perhaps the shining sticker in the back that says "reconditioned" might give that away 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#18 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

Does anyone really care if it's reconditioned when you'll never own it anyway?

I know I don't care!

Blue Ridge Communticatons

HD Basic Plus, HBO, Cinemax,Starz /Encore

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus analog Bedroom 5 and 6

G15 Internet

#19 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Registered
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Perhaps the shining sticker in the back that says "reconditioned" might give that away 

LOL well I guess Directv is nicer about that than some other companies!

SL5, PI-6S, SA-6AL 3xSWM16, 21 H20-100, 1 H20-600, 7 H24-700/AM21

#20 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,343 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

LOL well I guess Directv is nicer about that than some other companies!

I think this is the law.  They might not have to tell, but they have to mark the equipment as such 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...