Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Comcast router

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lucky13

lucky13

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationMaryland, DC suburbs

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

If this has been answered here before, I apologize. I did a search, but couldn't find the answer.

I received a new Comcast modem/router to replace an old Comcast Cisco modem I had been using with a Buffalo G router. After setup, the new router connected wirelessly to my laptop, several iOS devices, and a Samsung TV. I have not been able to get an internet connection on any of my DVRs, an HR44 and several HR2xes.

(Interestingly, GenieGo has out-of-home connection, although it can't find any DVRs. I haven't been able to connect my Slingbox Solo, but I'll try again after running an ethernet cord from the SB to my laptop.)

My whole home works. I have a CCK setup, with the hardwire to the router and an HR22-100. The DVRs are all set for static IPs.

I tried resetting the Genie IP to the 10.0.0 series used by Comcast, with no luck. I then rebooted the CCK by pulling the power connection for 30 seconds, but that didn't help. I also tried a WPS push, to no avail.

What should I try next?
If I try Restore Defaults on Network Setup, will that change non-network settings, such as preferences or series manager?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,655 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

My whole home works. I have a CCK setup, with the hardwire to the router and an HR22-100. The DVRs are all set for static IPs.

Which CCK are you using, a DECA BB or the wireless DECA?

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,655 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

If I try Restore Defaults on Network Setup, will that change non-network settings, such as preferences or series manager?

NO, it only changes network related stuff

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#4 OFFLINE   lucky13

lucky13

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

Which CCK are you using, a DECA BB or the wireless DECA?

Not sure. It's white, rectangular, and is connected to the router by Ethernet cord as described above. The other DVRs have a similar device inserted before the coax input, except for the HR24 and HR44.

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,655 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

I would start by doing a restore defaults on ALL of your receivers and then connect now

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,163 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

Peds has it right; I am pretty sure that'll do it. 

My question is: why not replace the modem with your own and thus save their monthly charges? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   lucky13

lucky13

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

I would start by doing a restore defaults on ALL of your receivers and then connect now

Thanks! That did the trick. Actually, I did them serially, restore defaults and repeat setup on each one. All are connected now.

Peds has it right; I am pretty sure that'll do it. 

My question is: why not replace the modem with your own and thus save their monthly charges?

My internet connection is paid by a third party, a former employer for whom I still do some consulting.

I'm not sure what I'll do when this deal runs out, in a year or two. I like having multiple service providers: Comcast internet, DirecTV, Verizon iPhone and AT&T iPad. Plus my wife has a Sprint iPhone and a VZW iPad. We have a Verizon land line, and an ultra-legacy Western Electric desk phone that works even when the power goes out.

#8 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,655 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

Thanks! That did the trick. Actually, I did them serially, restore defaults and repeat setup on each one. All are connected now.

Awesome.  Thanks for the update. 

The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...