Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Geniego and Samsung Tab 4

Geniego Tab 4 Samsung Galaxy Geniego app Tab 3

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   dazed&confuzed

dazed&confuzed

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

You have to be on your home network in order to stream the recordings or to transcode and download them to your device.  Once they are downloaded to the device you can watch them on the road, just like with the old Nomad/Genie Go app.  I don't remember the exact steps to get it to transcode and copy to your device off the top of my head, but the option should have been there on the same screen when you were looking at your recordings and streaming them.

I think you are misunderstanding the problem. The Geniego App does not run AT ALL on the Samsung Tab 3.
If I could get it to transcode I would be happy.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Are you saying that you can transcode with the regular DirecTV App. (Not the Geniego App)

Edited by dazed&confuzed, 03 July 2014 - 08:54 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,808 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

I think you are misunderstanding the problem. The Geniego App does not run AT ALL on the Samsung Tab 3.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. Are you saying that you can transcode with the regular DirecTV App. (Not the Geniego App)

You can transcode with any of the clients.  Once it's on GG you can then download to any other working client.   Not sure this will help you if it doesn't run at all on the Tab.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#23 OFFLINE   dazed&confuzed

dazed&confuzed

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

You can transcode with any of the clients.  Once it's on GG you can then download to any other working client.   Not sure this will help you if it doesn't run at all on the Tab.

OK, I didn't misunderstand. The client (What I call the Geniego App) will not run on the Tab 3.

#24 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

OK, I didn't misunderstand. The client (What I call the Geniego App) will not run on the Tab 3.

Is that the Tab 3  7,8 or 10" version?

All 3 have different CPU's.  Illustrates the android complexity doesn't it?

And for "not run", does that mean not launch?  not load?  not authenticate?  not display content?

#25 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought the Genie Go functionality has been included in the regular DirecTV app for Android now, like it has for the iPad?

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#26 OFFLINE   dazed&confuzed

dazed&confuzed

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

Is that the Tab 3  7,8 or 10" version?
All 3 have different CPU's.  Illustrates the android complexity doesn't it?

And for "not run", does that mean not launch?  not load?  not authenticate?  not display content?

Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (I wanted "Big" screen)
Will not launch, Starts to open to a black screen and never goes any further. Sometimes will get "The App has stopped responding" 

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought the Genie Go functionality has been included in the regular DirecTV app for Android now, like it has for the iPad?

I will have to check when I get home. I don't see anything in the App description that mentions it. 

#27 OFFLINE   chewwy420

chewwy420

Legend

• Registered
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

Far as I know, The DTV app and GenieGo are still separate for Android. At least with the versions I am running. 

I have a Galaxy S5 and Note 10.1 (2014 edition), both with KitKat 4.4.2, and GenieGo works fine on both.

#28 OFFLINE   shmed

shmed

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

I have Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 and GenieGo works well with it.

#29 OFFLINE   dazed&confuzed

dazed&confuzed

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

I have Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 and GenieGo works well with it.

Cripes, Maybe I need to sell my Tab 3 and go buy a Tab 2

#30 OFFLINE   Groundhog45

Groundhog45

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,253 posts
  • LocationCedar Park, Texas

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

I initially had problems with the app running on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 until I was told by another member to turn off developer options in settings.  That was all I needed to get the app working.  You might give that a try.

Richard -- DirecTV since '97
Team SETI.USA

#31 OFFLINE   mreaves53

mreaves53

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:47 AM

I have a Tab 3 10.1 and I tried turning on and then off developer options.  GenieGo still hangs on launch.  All I get is the "black screen."

Thanks,

Michael
DirecTv Genie,
Genie Client,
Genie Go
Multi-room viewing
Vizo 60" LED w/ Vizio Apps
Vizio 32" LCD w/ Vizio Apps
Toshiba DVDR/VHS
LG Soundbar

#32 OFFLINE   jimyr9595

jimyr9595

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

GenioGo app works fine on my Galaxy Tab 3 7".  

That being said, I just discovered one new issue last week after upgrading to V4.4.2 android.   The GenioGo App will no longer will download to a custom location (or least not one to the SD).  So its stuck on "waiting to prepare" and "waiting to download".   The default  (onboard) storage location seems to work ok.  Other devices it still worked fine on.  

#33 OFFLINE   dazed&confuzed

dazed&confuzed

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:12 AM

I have a Tab 3 10.1 and I tried turning on and then off developer options.  GenieGo still hangs on launch.  All I get is the "black screen."

Exact same thing that I get.
I like the B-24 avatar you have.

GenioGo app works fine on my Galaxy Tab 3 7".  

That being said, I just discovered one new issue last week after upgrading to V4.4.2 android.   The GenioGo App will no longer will download to a custom location (or least not one to the SD).  So its stuck on "waiting to prepare" and "waiting to download".   The default  (onboard) storage location seems to work ok.  Other devices it still worked fine on.

Really strange that it works on the 7" but not on the 10.1", I wonder if there are differences in the processor and/or video chips?

About ready to go buy a "shudder" windows tablet.

#34 OFFLINE   mreaves53

mreaves53

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:19 AM

Thanks,

There is a different processor in the 10.1.  The  Tab 3 10.1 has an Intell processor and the new Tab 4 is a Qualcom. I think it is a Snap dragon.  I can not find what type of processor the Tab 3 7.0 has.  Every thing I read says it is a mystery processor. 

GenieGo is not the first app I could not get to work on the Tab 3 10.1.  Flash will not work  and therefore Amazon Instant will not work. 

Both GenieGo and Flash (Amazon Instart) work fine on my Samsung Galaxy 3.  That phone uses a Qualcom processor.

It is definitley a head scratcher.

Thanks,

Michael
DirecTv Genie,
Genie Client,
Genie Go
Multi-room viewing
Vizo 60" LED w/ Vizio Apps
Vizio 32" LCD w/ Vizio Apps
Toshiba DVDR/VHS
LG Soundbar

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Geniego, Tab 4, Samsung, Galaxy, Geniego app, Tab 3

Protected By... spam firewall...And...