Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Swim not connected 775 errors new after painting room

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Ok so my setup was working just fine with power inserter in a room I had to paint today. Disconnected the PI from the outlet but forgot to disconnect the other two receivers in the home. We got done painting and I powered up the PI but now non of the receivers gets beyond 775 communications error. I have moved the PI to a different room and removed all power passing splitters so that from PI it's a direct line to the switch. I still get the 775 communication errors. Is it possible that my swim has gone bad???? Anything else I can try?????

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,844 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

Did you unplug everything, then redo it by starting with the PI 1st and then plugging everything else in?

• jimmie57 likes this
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

Did you unplug everything, then redo it by starting with the PI 1st and then plugging everything else in?

yes forgot to mention that.

#4 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Could powering on the PI with other receivers power have caused swim to fail??? Just weird since I am sure I have accidentally powered down the room with swim and not all other receiver. Every receiver was unplugged and only one is plugged in right now and made sure it was unplugged and PI plugged in for about 30 seconds

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,607 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

removing the PI with receivers ON causes no harm to anything.  make sure the PWR to SWM port is going towards the power passing port(s) on the splitter(s) that is the first thing to check 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

removing the PI with receivers ON causes no harm to anything.  make sure the PWR to SWM port is going towards the power passing port(s) on the splitter(s) that is the first thing to check

splitters are no longer I. The loop. I bypassed it to ensure a direct connect from swim to,PI. The coax does have a connector in the path just so I could bypass the splitter. I will try one more time to ulug receiver and unplug PI and tha try redoing again a PI than receiver..

#7 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Just checked all other receivers unplugged. Hr44 is on one side of PI and swim on other side. I verified the PI red side is goin to swim and other side is going to the hr44. No other splitters are in the path just two coax connectors.

#8 OFFLINE   Ken Stomski

Ken Stomski

Mentor

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

do you have a multimeter?  read the voltage coming out of the PI21 towards the ODU (power to swm)

#9 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

think i have a bad PI 28.   took it outside right next to the swim switch and bingo it powered and switch got hot and all receivers worked.   shutdown everything moved it back inside no workie.  moved back outside again not working.  tech coming friday after 3 frustrating calls trying to tell the tech supports that I didn't have a swim with green led on top or outside of it

#10 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Well right now issue is resolved. I disconnected only the coax from the PI reconnected it and the receivers started to see the swim. Still going to have them replace the PI

#11 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

Turned out to be a flaky PI-28. The installer had never seen one of these before. We also replaced all connectors and cables to dish for the swm16. Great job by Installer doing basic cabling cleanup and neat installation.

spam firewall