Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

HR 24 bad fan and some related questions

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   minerscorner

minerscorner

• Registered
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

I have a new, replacement HR24-100 in MBR. I had previous unit for over a year. After a week or so I noticed a constant spinning of the harddrive that is waking me up. I am a light sleeper. I turn the DVR off and have "power saving" enabled. Are some new, out of the box, HR24-100 units quieter than others?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,197 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:02 AM

First, welcome to DBSTalk!

Yes, some units are quieter than others. I'd try various methods of dampening the box. Sometimes just moving it can help. Or get an H25- fast, silent, but no recording ability, though with Whole Home, it can work through other units. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#23 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,583 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

I have a new, replacement HR24-100 in MBR. I had previous unit for over a year. After a week or so I noticed a constant spinning of the harddrive that is waking me up. I am a light sleeper. I turn the DVR off and have "power saving" enabled. Are some new, out of the box, HR24-100 units quieter than others?

They're the usual end of the run HR.  Cheap and noisy.  I have four and all make too much noise for a bedroom.  But, I've got no luck and you might get one that doesn't make noise.  

Rich

#24 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,619 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

I previously had the HR24-200 that had loud fan noise,   while it's on standby although on some days it didn't,   Mostly the noise generated from reboots,  I think it was probably dirty inside the box,  So I just called Directv and told them it wasn't working, even though it did other than fan noise,  and they sent me a replacement,   And now I can sleep but will have to clean it regularly

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#25 OFFLINE   GBFAN

GBFAN

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

I just received an HR24-200 as a replacement for and HR24-100 that had the same symptoms as the TS. Went to 144 degrees and had an on screen shutdown message. I was able to move the box around and the fan would sometimes start. I then borrowed a USB fan and placed it under the vent holes on the bottom with the fan drawing out. The 24-100 stayed at 127 degrees and my wife finished watching her recording's.

It only took about 5 re-authorizations online to get the 24-200 activated;) Of  course I didn't receive a return label.:(  Email has been sent. Waiting for response.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...