Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Live Streaming at Home issues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scuba_tim

scuba_tim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

Hi all... so I am trying to use the live streaming on both my PC and iPad app.  My setup is just one HR44 on my home network, and on the same network as all other devices.  From the iPad app, I can see the HR44, have verified it's IP address.  I can use the remote control in the iPad app and control my DVR, that works fine.  However, when I go to live stream tv from the app it says that the DVR and my tablet are not on the same network.

So my question is what is going on?  Any thoughts?  My only thought is that I do not currently have Whole Home service on my account, as I only have one TV and receiver currently.  Could this be the problem?  I have not found anywhere on DirecTV's site that says you must have this service for live streaming to work, but that's what I can think of. 

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.  Many thanks!

HR44 - 5 tuners does it for now

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,475 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Is your HR44 showing "Internet connected: Yes" on your DirecTV®.com account? 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   scuba_tim

scuba_tim

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

Yes it is, unfortunately.

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,563 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hi all... so I am trying to use the live streaming on both my PC and iPad app.  My setup is just one HR44 on my home network, and on the same network as all other devices.  From the iPad app, I can see the HR44, have verified it's IP address.  I can use the remote control in the iPad app and control my DVR, that works fine.  However, when I go to live stream tv from the app it says that the DVR and my tablet are not on the same network.

So my question is what is going on?  Any thoughts?  My only thought is that I do not currently have Whole Home service on my account, as I only have one TV and receiver currently.  Could this be the problem?  I have not found anywhere on DirecTV's site that says you must have this service for live streaming to work, but that's what I can think of. 

Don't know if Whole Home has to be activated, but since you are likely paying for it anyway, you may as well activate it. 

But also try rebooting your WiFi router, and resetting (with no changes) your Network Settings on the DVR.  Are you hard wired to the '44? Fixed IP or default? 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#5 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

Yeah I'd suspect a network issue of some sort. Do you have multiple routers wireless access points etc?

#6 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,183 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:50 AM

I've had DAFI (the iPad app) get confused between in-house and OOH so I generally kill the multi-task and restart it.

You might try re-sending authorization from the D website or the fixed IP from above - and NO double routers unless you know what to set up.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#7 OFFLINE   scuba_tim

scuba_tim

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

Hi all, thanks for the tips.  So yesterday after flipping through settings on the HR44 I notice that I do not have the Youtube or Pandora apps available.  The HR44 said it was connected to internet and network services were working (or reported as working).  I did reauthorize, as suggested, yesterday, no impact by this moring.  So I then did two red button resets before leaving for work, and can now get Youtube, Pandora AND stream content on my PC but not the ipad app. So there is a small step forward.  PC is working, ipad is not.  Both are using the same wireless network and I can still control my HR44 via the ipad remote app.

Oh, and I only have one wireless router, so not multiples there.  All devices are on wireless, and the HR44 is on a fixed IP.  I've pulled the plug on the router as well.  Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

#8 OFFLINE   scuba_tim

scuba_tim

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

Here's the clincher... live streaming works on PC and android app.  Just tried that one and to my surprise it worked.  I'd say the double reset of the box fixed something, but there seems to be something with the ipad app that does not want to live stream.

#9 OFFLINE   DGF9600

DGF9600

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

I am having a similar issue with the app not working right. It has been a couple of weeks since it worked ( but I had a vacation in there). The iPad app nor iphone app will no longer stream video for the in home channels.

I have power cycled the phone, iPad, router, DSL connection ( only one router active), hd dvrs. I have also verified the internet connections and whole home connections on both dvrs. The app will see the dvrs and control the remote. Directv phone support was no help. They suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

I agree with scuba Tim that it sounds lie a router issue but I made no modifications to the router in quite some time.

Directv said it was a known issue and the ticket would be elevated, but that was Tuesday night. (3 nights ago).

Other thoughts?

#10 OFFLINE   scuba_tim

scuba_tim

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 343 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

You nailed it, uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app, now live streaming on ipad too.

So, in short to fix my problem initially had to do two red button reboots in 30 min window. This brought back live streaming on PC and android. Then reinstalled ipad app. Now all is working. Thanks!

I am having a similar issue with the app not working right. It has been a couple of weeks since it worked ( but I had a vacation in there). The iPad app nor iphone app will no longer stream video for the in home channels.
I have power cycled the phone, iPad, router, DSL connection ( only one router active), hd dvrs. I have also verified the internet connections and whole home connections on both dvrs. The app will see the dvrs and control the remote. Directv phone support was no help. They suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
I agree with scuba Tim that it sounds lie a router issue but I made no modifications to the router in quite some time.
Directv said it was a known issue and the ticket would be elevated, but that was Tuesday night. (3 nights ago).
Other thoughts?

spam firewall