Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Live Streaming at Home issues

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:27 PM

Have you considered purchasing a Slingbox? It would definitely accomplish what you want on your iPad. You wouldn't even have to buy the newest model (M1) as the 350 works great.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   ColdWarVet

ColdWarVet

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMokena, IL

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

What is a sling box also why would I have perfect service for 23 months now this?

#23 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,008 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

Before your frustration really mounts, are you interested in trying to troubleshoot it here? Have you done resets of GG? Have you deleted and reinstalled the app?

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#24 OFFLINE   ColdWarVet

ColdWarVet

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMokena, IL

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

I checked the IP's and they match. I've rebooted the receiver. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it. I've shut down my iPad. My wife is experiencing the same thing on her ipad2. An update came out yesterday for the app......same thing. I've called CS multiple times spending at least an hour each time. Nothing. I had a service tech come out. He told me his previous service call was exactly the same, and he spent three hours on the phone with his customer service and was finally told it was a nation wide issue with streaming. He said if I wasn't connected to my home network, I wouldn't get the six channels I get. I don't know where else to go. All I know if not resolved by the October....they lost me as a customer.

#25 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,824 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

If you're talking about live streaming to the iPad through DAFI, it's not a national problem.  Nor the streaming via GenieGo from the DVRs.

Both are working fine here.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#26 OFFLINE   ColdWarVet

ColdWarVet

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMokena, IL

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Don't have Genie. All I have is the DVR installed in 2012. If you Google "DirecTV iPad streaming issues" you will see countless others having the same issue. I can stream HGTV, DIY, Fox News, Fox Business, a couple of cooking channels and weather channel. All others are blacked out. I get a you need to be connected to home service, which is crap. But I am only repeating what DT is telling me.

#27 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,008 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Well, I just disabled GenieGo, to make sure it wasn't streaming, and repeated my "Watch on iPad" list. Some couple dozens shows play all right; one didn't. 

It has to be on your home network for licensing restrictions, for the most part. 

I'd reset the modem/router or both if you have separates. 

Good luck.

#28 OFFLINE   ColdWarVet

ColdWarVet

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMokena, IL

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

Reset both modem & router....then deleted app again and reinstalled. Still the same. As I mentioned I'm seeing on other blogs there are many others having the exact same issue. Thanks for the suggestion. While I love DT, I need to be able to stream, so if they don't get it fixed soon, there are other services I can go to.

#29 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,008 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

What version? I just discovered that my app had already updated last night or this morning when I ran the tests for you. 

What shows work and what ones don't? (I am using the default right hand column in the app.)

#30 OFFLINE   ColdWarVet

ColdWarVet

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMokena, IL

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

I updated the app last night. I can't get TBS, TNT, history channel, smithsonian, investigation discovery, CNN, tcm, amc....the only channels I get were mentioned earlier

#31 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,962 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

I updated the app last night. I can't get TBS, TNT, history channel, smithsonian, investigation discovery, CNN, tcm, amc....the only channels I get were mentioned earlier

I can get all them alright 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#32 ONLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,802 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

Dumb question. . . I am good for that. Have you gone into the iPad settings and selected "Forget this network" for your home network and then reconnected to it after?

I have had several instances over the past month where the iPad's network services were flaky till I did that. We have gotten an iOS update in this timeframe just to remind everyone.

Please forgive me if you have done this and noted so earlier. I have been reading from the beginning. Nonetheless I have had strange network maladies from time to time and this has fixed them for me. It really sounds like the app doesn't recognize it being at home perhaps a reset at this level might resolve?

I have seen these odd network issues on all of my iOS devices (iPaid2, iPaid Air, iPaid Mini w Retina display, iPhone5s, iPod Touch (fifth gen), and iPhone 4 now running as my "iPood") something or other has caused me to have to forget and reconnect to my home network (and several others) on all my devices since the last 2 iOS updates have hit. This very issue might have been one of them actually.

Don "at my age it is getting difficult to remember , , , what were we talking about?" Bolton
  • maxlemke likes this

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#33 OFFLINE   ColdWarVet

ColdWarVet

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMokena, IL

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Yes. I did this my first time on the phone with DT and just did it again. Thanks for the input though

#34 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,413 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

What is a sling box

It's a place shifting device that allows you to watch all your live or recorded (DVR) content anywhere you are with an internet connection. No restrictions on the channels available out of home either. Apps available for PC/Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android, Roku, airplay with AppleTV, Kindle, WDTV Player, etc. When you are watching outside your home network the quality of how good it will be is based on how much upload speed you have and the download speed on the other (receiving) end. It does takeover you receiver/DVR though so if someone is home and changes the channel or you change it remotely, you might fight over what to watch lol  :lol: , what I personally do though is I have a dedicated receiver for only the Slingbox.

http://www.sling.com/

http://www.sling.com...playerApps.aspx

Review of the M1: http://www.engadget....gbox-m1-review/

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#35 OFFLINE   ColdWarVet

ColdWarVet

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMokena, IL

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Thanks. I may consider it once this bloody situation is corrected.

#36 ONLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,802 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:01 PM

OK I had the same issue on my iPaid2 tonight after the upgrade. The upgrade prompted me to relogin after I started the DAFI interface which I did but I could only get the remote streaming content active. Several stops and starts later no joy. Settings confimed I was in home, receivers were all connected.

My purpose was to test my GenieGo streaming so. . . After watching a genieGo playback which STREAMED with no issues finally! YAY! (Mongo impressed with upgrade)

Anyway after that I tried stopping the program (flick to oblivion) and restarting several times. Still no joy. Went into settings and logged out. Upon logging back in all is fine!

So it seems the logout and back in set all the bits proper for me.

On my iPaid Air I brought up the program at the office initially and upon starting here at home later it too did not see all the streaming content. Twice shutting it down and restarting it fixed that which is why I stubbornly persisted that on the iPaid2 despite that not fixing it.

Reccomend you try an in program logout from settings and relogin and see if that makes it fizz. I am wondering now if the uninstall and reinstall actions one takes are really not what fixes things but getting a proper login initialization is?

Don "sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't" Bolton

#37 OFFLINE   ColdWarVet

ColdWarVet

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMokena, IL

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:55 AM

I tried logging off my network and back on...still only about to get remote streaming. At the end of my patience with DTV

#38 ONLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,802 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

Argh! The iPaid Air had this same issue this morning. Re initializing didn't do it, logout back in didn't work. Then I tried logout, exit the program (flick to oblivion) checked FacePlant, then started up the iPaid app and logged in and fine again.

To my observations there seems to be an inconsistency in the in/out of home initialization functionality that seems to set the initialization caught between both states.

Don "of course it could just be blind luck too" Bolton

#39 OFFLINE   cpalmer2k

cpalmer2k

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

I follow virtually the same procedure as you did... Log out of the DirecTV app from the settings menu, force close the app, and turn the iPad completely off and it always fixes it for me.

I've also found that if I log out of the app (from the settings menu) immediately after I finish streaming when I go back to it and log back in it always works normally.  It is an authentication issue that clears itself over time when you are logged out. 

#40 OFFLINE   hancox

hancox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 457 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

same here.  Driving me nuts.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...