Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR 44 and Whole Home Function

Best Answer pappasbike , 09 July 2014 - 02:37 PM

Thanks. I couldn't see a reason why there'd be an issue. Maybe he's seen issues with clients. Either way he only said that I might see a problem and if so to set it for wifi. I'm not expecting to see a problem though. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

I just had a new one installed to replace my 34. Finally got tired of the ongoing video freezes. Anyway the tech mentioned that by using an ethernet cable to connect to my router the whole home connection to the other receiver, an HR 22, may occasionally drop out. I was using the cable to connect the 34 to the router. The dvr is right next to the router and I have no clients so I didn't bother with the wireless setup. He said the issue would be much less likely if I just had the 44 join my wifi network. Has anyone had any problems with the whole home connection when using a direct connection to the router?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,913 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

Direct connection is fine.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,568 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

Ethernet is usually better than the best Wi-fi.

If DECA is breaking down, how the Genie is connected to the router doesn't seem like it would enter into it. I suspect that the tech was grasping at straws.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   pappasbike

pappasbike

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 486 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:37 PM   Best Answer

Thanks. I couldn't see a reason why there'd be an issue. Maybe he's seen issues with clients. Either way he only said that I might see a problem and if so to set it for wifi. I'm not expecting to see a problem though.

spam firewall