Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

C41 Client Help Request

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TMullenJr

TMullenJr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

One of my older HR20s finally bit the dust, and DirecTV is sending me an HR44 and a C41 client to replace it with.  I have 2 other HR receivers that will continue to be connected.

I installed an SWM-16 w/ the power injector & splitter no problem.  I'll connect the 2 old receivers to the splitter and the HR44 will be the 2nd output on the SWM so 4 tuners on 1 output, and 5 on the other.

All HR receivers are hard wired into my network and talk to each other, along with the original Nomad.

What I don't know is how the client connects into the system.  At the location I want to install the client, I have both coax and wired network connections.  Does the client just connect to the splitter off of the SWM, and that's it?  Do I need a DECA (I don't think I do)?  Do the clients count as a tuner on the splitter or SWM?

thanks for the help.

Tom

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,296 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

The client connects like any other receiver. However is recommended that the clients and Genie are on the same SWM16 output

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   TMullenJr

TMullenJr

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

So as long as the clients don't count as tuners, I can put the HR44, my HR-20 receiver and the clients on the splitter (7 tuners), and the HR-21 receiver on the 2nd output of the SWM-16 (2 tuners)?

That way the clients are on the same leg of the SWM as recommended.

Does that sound right?

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,501 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Clients don't count as tuners as they don't have any.

#5 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,296 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

So as long as the clients don't count as tuners, I can put the HR44, my HR-20 receiver and the clients on the splitter (7 tuners), and the HR-21 receiver on the 2nd output of the SWM-16 (2 tuners)?

That way the clients are on the same leg of the SWM as recommended.

Does that sound right?

I always try to have all clients on the same leg of the SWM16 while at the same time using the smaller splitter possible over all. So in your case, I would use a 2 way for the Genie and C41 and another 2 way for the other two HRs

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#6 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,233 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

You also want to have the installer switch you over to all DECA networking and take everything off of your LAN except the HR44 itself. It will provide the network connection to your other DVRs.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...