I'm looking to do a protection plan eligible upgrade to a two rig system (HR22-100 w/AM21 & HR20-100S) to a Genie and remote client; I also have a DSR708 AND HR10-250 on the account but not in service (don't ask). The system is being fed by a Slimeline-5 dish, 6x8 Multiswith and a coax run from the OTA to both the HR20 and AM21; each DVR is hardwired with Cat5 with whole home. I've attached photos of my existing equipment in the event that any of the model numbers posted above are inaccurate.
Ideally, I'd like the Genie to replace the HR22/AM21 as that is our current workhorse, while replacing the HR20 with the HR22 which has a lot of recording we'd like to finish AND the TV it's feeding only has component inputs. The DSR708, HR10 & HR20 can be returned/recycled/decommissioned; a second WIRELESS client (guest bedroom/basement) would be a nice, but not necessary, touch. In general, I can imagine needing more than the 5 tuners on the Genie plus the 2 tuners on the HR22.
I am pretty confident I'll need to upgrade the dish/multiswitch in order to take use the SMiW features required by the Genie and client(s). I'm going to have the following drops put into place prior to the D* installers arrival but I am concerned about the NUMBER of drops needed between:
- dish to the multiswitch
- multiswitch to the genie
- multiswitch to the HR22 which will ultimately be changed to the hardwired client
A few other questions:
- is the ethernet integrated to the setup at the Genie or is there an "ideal location", is DECA needed
- can the OTA be fed through the multiswitch or do I need to keep a separate coax drop to connect to the AM21
- should I talk to dTv or the installer about the H25 dongles for the component feed for the client
- am I correct in assuming the HR44 and C41W are now readily available but models installed are truck dependant
- if so, am I correct in assuming that NOW is the time to request the wireless client since I'm doing a 4 DVR upgrade
thanks in advance!