Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

iTunes Extras now available on Apple TV

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:51 AM

iTunes Extras now available on Apple TV

(Engadget.com) - Apple's iTunes Extras feature has offered customers a behind-the-scenes look at rented movies for some time, but up until now it only existed on the desktop. Thanks to an update that went out yesterday, you'll now be able to view iTunes Extras on your Apple TV. To get the additional content, your device must be running software version 6.2, which was released last week....

aptv.jpg

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,930 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

I've been using the Apple TV box in the condo we rented at the shore for a week now, and I can't wait to get home and get back on my BD players again.  The NF interface just kinda sucks on the Apple compared to what I'm used to.  But, my son says he can sync an Apple box to his iTunes account and he's got a bunch of movies on his iTunes account, so I'm gonna buy one now. Right now.

Rich

#3 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,930 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

Well, that didn't work out as I expected it to.  Amazon doesn't sell them directly.  That makes returning difficult.  I'll wait till I get home and buy one from an Apple store.  I think they have a 14 day return policy, which I need if the thing won't work with his iTunes account.  The remote must be RF, no?  They've got mounting kits for the back of TVs, must be an RF remote.

Rich

#4 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,447 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Well, that didn't work out as I expected it to. Amazon doesn't sell them directly. That makes returning difficult. I'll wait till I get home and buy one from an Apple store. I think they have a 14 day return policy, which I need if the thing won't work with his iTunes account. The remote must be RF, no? They've got mounting kits for the back of TVs, must be an RF remote.

Rich

Rich if you have waited this long, I'd wait a bit longer. I suspect we may see a new box this fall with the new iPhones and iPads and rumor has it they will hit a little earlier this year, maybe already within a month or two of their announcement,

#5 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,730 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

Or, conversely, order from the Apple Store. Easy peasy. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#6 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,930 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

Rich if you have waited this long, I'd wait a bit longer. I suspect we may see a new box this fall with the new iPhones and iPads and rumor has it they will hit a little earlier this year, maybe already within a month or two of their announcement,

Thanx, I'll wait.  That must be why Amazon stopped selling them directly.  I've had several of them and got disgusted with them, but the idea of using my son's rather vast library of movies interests me.

I've tried to stop him from buying them, but he wants them immediately upon release.  Kid's got a stubborn streak that I can take advantage of for a change.  This will be a real first for me.

Rich

#7 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,930 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Or, conversely, order from the Apple Store. Easy peasy. 

I have one a few minutes drive from my home.  It's in a mall right across from a BB and I'll be able to stop in and ogle a 4K. Accomplishing two tasks in one trip is a goal for anyone as lazy as I am.  Seriously.

Rich

#8 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,730 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:37 PM

I have one a few minutes drive from my home.  It's in a mall right across from a BB and I'll be able to stop in and ogle a 4K. Accomplishing two tasks in one trip is a goal for anyone as lazy as I am.  Seriously.

That's not lazy; that's smart! I almost always combine many errands on the same outing. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#9 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,930 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

That's not lazy; that's smart! I almost always combine many errands on the same outing. 

You do realize how much pride I take in my laziness, right?  I've worked hard at finding ways to be lazy and get away with it.   :rolling:

Rich

• Laxguy likes this

Protected By... spam firewall...And...