Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

LeBron going back to Cleveland.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

Glad for them. Congratulations to Cleveland and James.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,622 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

I'm one of those people who don't "care"... in the sense of getting mad.  People in Cleveland had reason to feel spurned before when he left... and some in Miami now might feel similar with him leaving them... but all the hatred that happened last time around confused me.

Yeah, that "Decision" special was kind of tacky... but the guy had (and has once again) the right to do what he wants.

As for basketball reasons...  It made sense for him to go to Miami 4 years ago because he had been to the finals with less supporting cast, and Miami looked to have the right mix to get him there multiple times.  They go to the finals 4 times in a row, and win 2 of them.  In all fairness, if the Spurs don't collapse a little last year Miami might only have had 1 championship in that time... but still it's hard to argue it wasn't the right move for James 4 years ago.

As to now... it similarly makes sense for him to explore other options again, because it's hard to imagine Miami as currently constituted not being high in the east BUT having problems against whoever comes out of the west next year....  so right now the young players in Cleveland seems about as likely as the old team in Miami... and it seems like James' heart is still in some ways in his home state of Cleveland... so I can't blame him for wanting to go back there.

I wish he could have stayed there the whole time... but getting good players to Cleveland is difficult.  That could change now, though... because the previous James was good... but the current James is good + a proven championship leader.

I'll still be rooting for the Spurs next year though :)

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

Parts of me wanted him to go back to Miami so they could lose to San Antonio again. :)

#4 OFFLINE   Bronxiniowa

Bronxiniowa

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

You don't buy LeBron James. You just rent him.

#5 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

My niece is from Miami and she no amount of money would make her go black. I said I would go back for half that amount and would settle for 100g. :)

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,387 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

My niece is from Miami and she no amount of money would make her go black. I said I would go back for half that amount and would settle for 100g. :)

Well, there's an old saying, "Once you go.........". But that may be tmi! 

I am just glad I don't care a hoot about the NBA.

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#7 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

Did I said black meant back. :)

Ps actually I would go black for that amount. :)

Edited by yosoyellobo, 11 July 2014 - 03:13 PM.

• Laxguy likes this

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,799 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

Back to LeBron ... at best he has proven that he can be a champion. He will need some good players to play with. After all, he didn't win championships in Cleveland before he left town.

And to the people of Cleveland ... are you mad that you burned that jersey?
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,622 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:45 AM

This is the real reason why all that jersey burning was stupid...  because 4 years later and they are all happy to have him back.  IF they truly felt that strongly about him, he would never be welcomed back.

Most of sports "demonstrations" are exercises in craziness and childishness...  the people lighting fires and jumping around and doing crazy stuff and saying crazy stuff have little to do with the actual scenario...  so all that is just a bunch of noise that really should be ignored for the most part.

James didn't handle his first move with as much class as he probably should have... the Cavs' owner absolutely didn't handle James' leaving with class at all... and here we are again 4 years later.

But all that said...  James had a right then as now to do what he wants and sign where he wants.  I love when people complain about that stuff and being "spurned" like what the dude did was somehow unAmerican and not what anyone else in his situation would at least consider.

Imagine being good at your job... being in demand from other companies... and oh no! You take an offer to go somewhere else for more money and more resources to do what you love doing at work!  Then a few years go by and, oh no again, you decide you have exhausted the resources and consider going back to your old job and working on a new challenge?  People wouldn't bat an eye when this happens in any other profession.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#10 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

Any idea on what LeBron would get in a uncap NBA. If Chris Bosh could get 120 million over five years, James might get twice that.

#11 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,155 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Kobe would be making 50 million a year and lebron 45 this year if there where no caps.. And they where paid based in how much total revenue they have brought into the league over their lifetime of playing. Maybe both a bit more. Someday lebron will have created as much value to the Nba and a franchise as Kobe, mj and magic bird have done, but to create that much value you have to play so a lot more years.

With that said, the Lakers could have offered him 60 million a year, they make enough money to do so... Same with a couple other franchises.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...