Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

4TB eSATA in an HR44-500

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

I don't see any reason why Runner can't still have issues with genie to genie, although I don't think that is what is keeping them from allowing multiple genies. I think there plenty of work to be done before that happens unfortunately.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

No they don't.  Is the clients 

No, it's not.  Neither my HR34 nor my HR44 are clients, they are both genies.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#23 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,954 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

I'm game. Can you give the exact model number of the enclosure and I will do the same for my HR44

I chose a Western Digital WD Green 4 TB Intellipower WD40EZRX.  The model number is WDBH2D0040HNC-NRSN.  I mounted it in a Vantec NexStar CX enclosure.  It has both USB 2.0 and eSATA.

#24 OFFLINE   dco43054

dco43054

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCentral Ohio

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

I'm game. Can you give the exact model number of the enclosure and I will do the same for my HR44

The Vantex Nexstar CX model number is NST-300SU-BK.  I bought it at Micro Center in Columbus, Ohio for $27.99 + tax.

It provides both an eSata and USB2.0 interface.  I used the eSata, of course.  The Micro Center information said it had a 2tb limit, but the sales guy looked online and said it was 4tb.  The good thing about Micro Center is that you can take anything back, so I took it home, mounted the drive up, and it works (after hooking it up to my PC, as noted in the first post).

#25 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,954 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

Thanks,

Added it to my Amazon cart for $20.99

The Vantex Nexstar CX model number is NST-300SU-BK.  I bought it at Micro Center in Columbus, Ohio for $27.99 + tax.

It provides both an eSata and USB2.0 interface.  I used the eSata, of course.  The Micro Center information said it had a 2tb limit, but the sales guy looked online and said it was 4tb.  The good thing about Micro Center is that you can take anything back, so I took it home, mounted the drive up, and it works (after hooking it up to my PC, as noted in the first post).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...