Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Epix Rolls Out on AT&T U-verse

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 563 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

Epix Rolls Out on AT&T U-verse
Premium Programmer Scores Multiplatform Deal with Telco

(www.multichannel.com) Epix continues to build carriage momentum, inking a multiplatform deal with AT&T U-verse. Under the deal, financial terms of which were not disclosed, AT&T U-verse will launch four Epix channels in standard- and high-definition today. Epix’s base of theatricials, documentaries, concerts and comedy specials will also be accessible to authenticated U-verse subscribers via Epix.com, its app on hundreds of devices, as well as through both Epix VOD and the live Epix feeds on Uverse.com and the U-verse apps. The premium programmer’s fare will also be available on AT&T on Demand, starting in August. 

Full Story Here

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Hoffer

Hoffer

AllStar

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

So, if AT&T is buying DirecTV, does this mean Epix will come to DirecTV? 

#3 OFFLINE   JcT21

JcT21

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

So, if AT&T is buying DirecTV, does this mean Epix will come to DirecTV? 

hoffer, i sure hope so.  id love to have epix.

Xtra + HD Extra Pack
SiriusXM subscriber

#4 OFFLINE   Jeffro

Jeffro

AllStar

• Registered
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

DirecTV has the option to carry Epix when they signed the Viacom networks 2 years ago but has not added Epix.

#5 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 934 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

DirecTV has the option to carry Epix when they signed the Viacom networks 2 years ago but has not added Epix.

My thoughts on this goes to another topic: AT&T's U-verse having bought DirecTV.

Assuming it becomes official, which platform will be dominant?

According to Wikipedia.org ( @ http://en.wikipedia....ition_by_AT.26T ), "operates in only 22 states."

Should we believe that, ultimately, AT&T's U-verse and DirecTV are not going to merge their national channel lineups into one?

#6 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:57 PM

I think you will see ATT lineup slowly become Directvs.  They have said they want to move to their platform.

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,902 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

I think you will see ATT lineup slowly become Directvs.  They have said they want to move to their platform.

I believe slowly is the operative word. Both companies have carriage contracts for their respective services. The "merger" does not instantly change all the contracts to cover all customers regardless of platform.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

#8 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

I believe slowly is the operative word. Both companies have carriage contracts for their respective services. The "merger" does not instantly change all the contracts to cover all customers regardless of platform.

Well, yes and no.  I have to wonder what the contracts say if they merge. Will it allow for the contract to cover all the newly added customers from either side?  I wouldn't be surprised if DIrectvs new ESPN deal had that kind of language, but who knows.

Most all the programming is carried by both already though I think.

#9 OFFLINE   southsider

southsider

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

While I have always been a big fan of DirecTV, since switching to U-Verse, I have noticed their channel lineup to be better (for me) overall.  Many more of the channels I watch are in HD, and they carry the national feed of MeTV and most of the Cozi TV lineup as well.  There are several other channels that DirecTV does not carry as well (CNNI, NHK World, One America News, BBC World News, AWE, EPIX, a couple extra STARZ-related channels, etc.).  The onscreen guide seems to move faster as well.  I also like the picture-in-picture feature because when I highlight something in the guide I can instantly see if that channel is on commercials or not.  Hope ATT retains the things that make it different and special.  

#10 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,337 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

While I have always been a big fan of DirecTV, since switching to U-Verse, I have noticed their channel lineup to be better (for me) overall.  Many more of the channels I watch are in HD, and they carry the national feed of MeTV and most of the Cozi TV lineup as well.  There are several other channels that DirecTV does not carry as well (CNNI, NHK World, One America News, BBC World News, AWE, EPIX, a couple extra STARZ-related channels, etc.).  The onscreen guide seems to move faster as well.  I also like the picture-in-picture feature because when I highlight something in the guide I can instantly see if that channel is on commercials or not.  Hope ATT retains the things that make it different and special.  

Um, you can do that in the guide with directv about the PIP thing. just hit the play button when you highlight a channel name.

Did you have a hr44?  It moves pretty dang fast, even channel changes are faster, I cant see needing faster.  But if you had any other dvr, well then....

as for lineup, well, thats what makes different companies different!

#11 OFFLINE   southsider

southsider

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

Um, you can do that in the guide with directv about the PIP thing. just hit the play button when you highlight a channel name.

Did you have a hr44?  It moves pretty dang fast, even channel changes are faster, I cant see needing faster.  But if you had any other dvr, well then....

as for lineup, well, thats what makes different companies different!

U-verse guide populates the screen faster,  but I don't think it scrolls any faster than DirecTV.  The PIP feature is immediate; as quickly as you highlight a program in the guide, the picture immediately shows you that channel.  You're right...I forgot you could highlight the channel in D*'s guide and see it without exiting the guide.  Good point.  We had an HR44, and we were very satisfied with it.   For a year, though, as new U-Verse customers, we get more channels for a lot less money.  When the year is up, we may be heading right back to DirecTV depending on their offers.  I do miss the YouTube app on DirecTV.  Used it often. 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...