Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wireless Genie Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BruceS

BruceS

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

I am trying to install a Wireless Bridge and a Wireless Client and am having problems.

First I connected the Wireless Bridge to MOCA and powered it up.

I gave it a few minutes and the went to my HR44-500 Genie and activated the wireless bridge. This took a few minutes, but eventually it seemed to be successful.

At this point, the Wireless Video Bridge Status screen on the HR44-500 showed the following:

Wireless Video Bridge: 1

MAC Address:             60:02:b4:bc:8d:0d

Software Version:        1.0.32

Connected Clients:      0

I then connected to Wireless Client (C41W) to a TV in another room and let it boot.

At this point, the Connecting to Video Bridge screen showed the following:

Video Bridge Survey Mode:         Inactive

Wireless Signal Strength:

Signal Quality:                             Waiting...

There was also a Connect Now and a Setup Instructions choice shown at the bottom right of the screen.

I then went back to the HR44 and selected Add Clients, which displayed a screen showing a pin number to enter on each client.

At this point, I went back to the C41W and hoped that the Video Bridge Survey Mode would have changed to Active, but it did not.

I also tried to select Connect Now, but could not find anyway to move the cursor to it on the screen.

I have tried re-booting the Video Bridge, the Genie, and the Client in various combinations, but never got the Video Bridge Survey Mode to show Active or anyway to select Connect Now.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I might try to be able to connect the client?

Hitachi P60X901 HDTV
HR21-200, HR20-700, HR24-500, HR44-500
Tivo S3, Tivo Premiere HDXL
Sony BDP-CX960 Blu Ray Player
Sony DVP-CX995V DVD Player
Marantz SR7001 A/V Receiver

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,243 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:26 AM

Disconnect the WVB from the coax.

Plug in the C41W. Plug in the WVB. They should go into survey mode and give you a signal strength. If not unplug the WVB and try a different location till they do.  Fetch your drill and some coax. 

When the video bridge is in survey mode the light flashes from blue to green. This should start shortly after you place the genie  in add a client.

The C41W should give a signal strength screen and let you select continue, this can take a few minutes.

If after 5 or 10 minutes nothing happens try holding the red button on the C41W for 20 seconds.

HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#3 OFFLINE   BruceS

BruceS

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 549 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

The Wireless Signal Strength shows a fan, which is white all the way to the top. I assume this is like the one on my iPhone5, which indicates that there is a strong wireless signal.

However, the Signal Quality never changes from waiting and I still cannot select Connect Now.

Hitachi P60X901 HDTV

#4 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,243 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

It should be green to indicate signal. White is no signal.

Your Client is no hearing the bridge.

Try disconnecting the bridge from the coax and they should go into survey mode. This allows you to move the bridge around till you get a good signal. All green.

Sent from my SM-N900V using DBSTalk mobile app
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,474 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

This might help for troubleshooting.

https://support.dire...etail/a_id/4281

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#6 OFFLINE   BruceS

BruceS

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 549 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

It should be green to indicate signal. White is no signal.

Your Client is no hearing the bridge.

Try disconnecting the bridge from the coax and they should go into survey mode. This allows you to move the bridge around till you get a good signal. All green.

Sent from my SM-N900V using DBSTalk mobile app

Thank you, that did it.

Although I had to try a couple of times before I completed the installation, everything seems to work fine now.

Hitachi P60X901 HDTV

#7 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,665 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

They key here is to NOT connect the WVB to the coax network until the C41w finds the WVB.  Then and only then you can connect the WVB to the coax network 

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

Protected By... spam firewall...And...