Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

24 Live Another Day--Ratings?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:18 AM

Now that 24 (Day 9) has completed its 12 episode run, is there any word on the ratings for the compressed-season of the show, and its chances for renewal?  I really liked it, and would love to see another short season sometime.  Others think that maybe there will be a movie or two.  Were the ratings high enough to justify further excursions into the 24 universe?

Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,093 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

Eight million viewers for the first night's two hours, between five and seven for the next few hours. The finale was 6.47 million (about the same as hour three with all of the intervening hours lower). We were promised a movie or more when the regular 24 show seasons ended. Perhaps another short season would work, perhaps not.

As for the show, I expected more than one gap in the timeline. Not just one giant leap at the end.

There was an opportunity for the PM to make a grand statement that was missed. "I will remember Audrey." Instead we were left with the awkward stare and sadness. It was a big letdown.

The writers did set us up for the next series ... but will it be made? Only if it makes financial sense.
Welcome to DBS Talk - Let's talk about DBS! (The Digital Bit Stream)
DISH Network vs DirecTV: HD Channel List - DISH Network HD Capacity, HD Conversion and more.
DISH Network complete channel lists and lists by satellite location are in The Uplink Activity Center.
Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself. Content is not controlled by DISH Network, DirecTV or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...