Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Eastern Arc ~3:00am EDT anyone else lose some channels (and then get them back about 3:30am)?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,868 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:25 AM

Was watching 176HD and saw it had reverted to the SD version.  I cannot tune to the HD version.  I also cannot tune to 107HD.

I can tune to other HD channels... so it isn't strictly an HD thing... also it isn't strictly a 72.7 satellite thing since I am getting other channels off that SAT...  but at least a couple of HD feeds seem to have gone poof in the last half hour.

Anyone else?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,868 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:29 AM

And now they are back...  Just about 25 minutes they were gone and either displayed "acquiring signal" or would auto-tune to an SD equivalent.

I wonder what was up... there was no indication in the EPG of any planned "off air" time on these particular channels.

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:40 AM

Are you still having issues with these channels?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Was watching 176HD and saw it had reverted to the SD version.  I cannot tune to the HD version.  I also cannot tune to 107HD.

I can tune to other HD channels... so it isn't strictly an HD thing... also it isn't strictly a 72.7 satellite thing since I am getting other channels off that SAT...  but at least a couple of HD feeds seem to have gone poof in the last half hour.

Anyone else?

#4 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Probably the root cause of the issue was the nightly update to the receiver. I believe the default time is 3:00 AM.

#5 ONLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,868 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

Are you still having issues with these channels?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

It was literally only a problem during about a 25 minute window early this morning (late last night).  It was just a couple of channels as far as I could tell, and it was only during that 25 minute span... though I will say that it caused my 922 to lock up and forced me to reboot it...  and while I was posting this thread the channels came back and everything has been fine since.

There must have been an uplink problem OR some unscheduled maintenance.  It would just be nice to know what it was.

Probably the root cause of the issue was the nightly update to the receiver. I believe the default time is 3:00 AM.

No.  My 922 is scheduled to do its "nightly" update at 7am... and besides, I was watching TV for hours at that point and continued for a couple of hours later... and it was just that 25 minute window and just those couple of channels.  Something was "up" at the uplink site or with the source feed for those channels.  I was hoping to find out what... but like the licks to the center of a tootsie roll pop we may never know.

#6 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 324 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

Perhaps this is the reason my Weather Channel App does not work again on my 922?

#7 OFFLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

It was literally only a problem during about a 25 minute window early this morning (late last night).  It was just a couple of channels as far as I could tell, and it was only during that 25 minute span... though I will say that it caused my 922 to lock up and forced me to reboot it...  and while I was posting this thread the channels came back and everything has been fine since.

There must have been an uplink problem OR some unscheduled maintenance.  It would just be nice to know what it was.

No.  My 922 is scheduled to do its "nightly" update at 7am... and besides, I was watching TV for hours at that point and continued for a couple of hours later... and it was just that 25 minute window and just those couple of channels.  Something was "up" at the uplink site or with the source feed for those channels.  I was hoping to find out what... but like the licks to the center of a tootsie roll pop we may never know.

Makes sense that something was up. The next day went to guide and it had not done the 3 AM update as info wasn't available where it should have been and had to download programming info. So, wharever you saw wouldn't let ours update normally.

Edited by John W, 19 July 2014 - 08:34 PM.

#8 ONLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 19,868 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

Makes sense... probably anyone's receiver that tried to do the nightly update in that 3-3:30am window would have failed to update.  I was thinking surely other people were awake and watching TV or at least trying to record things... but if it was just a few transponders "out" then maybe those who noticed were a smaller group.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...